I drove a Turbo'd Nissan 240sx

• Sponsors (?)

but for only $15,000 you can do the SR71DET engine and turbo swap and get 400hp!

seriously tho, like the civics, kids hear stories about the one guy who actually has a fast civic. then they think, "hey i can do that, if he did it it must be easy and worth it". so they go to work trying to make a slow car fast and only a very small percentage actuially succed. too many of the "Fast and Furious" cars are over-hyped. IE: Skylines.

:stupid: Or you get the kids who want a car like in the movies but have no money. So instead you see chrome windshield wipers, welded exhaust tips and are usually "waiting on a turbo"

Here's a pic of my brothers 240sx engine before we finished (work in progress) .. I don't have a pic of the car because it's being painted as we speak. His car would change your mind .... Trust me, it would spank a large majority of mustangs!

Mine included ... :(

We fabbed all the piping, exhaust, etc., and he designed the plentum with autocad and then had it machined. In fact, the turbo he has on it now is bigger than that one.

p6040004copysq4.jpg

Attachments

• p6040004copysq4.jpg
    p6040004copysq4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 75
I agree....the 240's are real dogs, even with power adders, but they'll certainly run around a corner a lot better than a Mustang. I would imagine with a little help in the horsepower department, they could be a really well balanced little car.

Great for teenage girls. :D

but for only $15,000 you can do the SR71DET engine and turbo swap and get 400hp!

seriously tho, like the civics, kids hear stories about the one guy who actually has a fast civic. then they think, "hey i can do that, if he did it it must be easy and worth it". so they go to work trying to make a slow car fast and only a very small percentage actuially succed. too many of the "Fast and Furious" cars are over-hyped. IE: Skylines.

For 15G's, you could probably get an RB and even more power.

An SR21 swap is relatively cheap (3-4g).

Hey, at least the 240 is RWD. I have respect for the 240, 280, 300zx, 350z lineup. They are all drifting machines. And even the older 280's from the 1980's look good. But as far as wasting money on a turbo for 250whp, not worth it.

Hey don't be hating on the Nissans:mad: , my 94' truck has the ka24e:D

awhile back my friend's dad bought an older 5spd 4cyl Nissan pickup and i was cruising in my brother's old '89 auto 4cyl. coupe and we were heading to the bowling alley

pulled up at a light, he revs it and i'm in a foxbody Mustang so of course IT'S ON!!

light turns green, there's a light chirp from the truck and we're off! the Mustang hooks and i start picking up speed, 20-25, he shifts to second and we're side by side; 35 he starts pulling away i upshift to 2nd and gain some ground. 40mph and were side by side again, all 8 cylinders firing, both close to redline, 50. he shifts again and now i'm losing ground as he pulls a few feet on me, 55-60 the truck keeps pulling away, i upshift one last time to 3rd and it's over, 65mph and the truck is nothing but tailights

Nissan > Mustang:(

awhile back my friend's dad bought an older 5spd 4cyl Nissan pickup and i was cruising in my brother's old '89 auto 4cyl. coupe and we were heading to the bowling alley

pulled up at a light, he revs it and i'm in a foxbody Mustang so of course IT'S ON!!

light turns green, there's a light chirp from the truck and we're off! the Mustang hooks and i start picking up speed, 20-25, he shifts to second and we're side by side; 35 he starts pulling away i upshift to 2nd and gain some ground. 40mph and were side by side again, all 8 cylinders firing, both close to redline, 50. he shifts again and now i'm losing ground as he pulls a few feet on me, 55-60 the truck keeps pulling away, i upshift one last time to 3rd and it's over, 65mph and the truck is nothing but tailights

Nissan > Mustang:(

Damn....I'm not even sure if I should give you hell for making a street racing post or not with that nail biter. :D