I got another project. I'm buying a house!!

MysteryMachine

Jun 21, 2003
Parkesburg, PA
I've been looking on and off for the past few years for a house. Wasn't in any big hurry to move out. I found a house right next to work, checked it out. They wanted over 200K at that time so that was a no go. They later dropped it to 199,900 which was still over my budget. They did some work around the property and re-listed again at 154,900. I did a second look at the place and my parents decided they would help me out with the down payment and all that which helped a bunch. I was approved for 125,000 so after taking a second look we decided to get it inspected and if that went ok put in an offer. Home inspection went pretty good it needs a new roof, gets water in the basement which was things we already knew so no surprise. Basically most of the stuff that was pointed out was stuff we knew. We decided to kinda low ball at 110k. The money will be going straight to a nursing home so not like they are getting anything out of the deal.

Fast forward to today I get a call little after 2 saying they countered at 115k LOL :nice:

So I gotta go sign some more papers tomorrow and hopefully will be in by the end of next month.

It's a sorta 5 BR (only 1 room actually has a closet and according to my mom it's not a BR without a closet) 1 bath. with a 2 car garage on 1.20 acres. I'll post some pics later or when I actually get in do a video tour

• Sponsors (?)

Well I'm lucky there cause it's just me lol. I know I'm gonna be sad that the mystery machine will be sitting even longer probably now. At least I will have a place to store it now, and be close enough to walk to it if I get bored and want to mess with it

so to update y'all I've been waiting on the seller to get paperwork back. I guess in all the emailing back and forth some stuff was missed so they had to resend crap a couple times. I am supposed to meet my Realtor Monday (today) around lunch time to sign some stuff. The other day he mentioned just needing to initial 2 papers but not sure if beings we are moving forward with everything if it will be more now or not. I'm looking forward to getting in there and working on it.

Was gonna steal the pic of it off realtor.com but it seems to have been removed from the site. I guess that's a good sign ha ha

Just get the MLS number. If you google the MLS number, I guarantee it will come up. Has the mortgage broker started doing your paperwork for the loan. That's like 2 weeks after you make an offer on a house. I found out after I put an offer on a house that pre approved means nothing.

Kurt

Kurt I'm not sure. She asked a bunch of questions and has all the info.

Chris thanks

Signed like 2 papers and initialed a couple others where the price had changed. Now just waiting on the mortage company to call and get everything rolling on that end. He said we are officially "under contract" now.

I was able to find this page not sure how long it will be up though. I'll still do a video at some point when I get the keys

2092 Valley Road, Parkesburg PA - Trulia

Well after a lot of bull**** and frustration it's mine. They had to re-run my credit with Jr. and it screwed me to where they wanted $4,000 more. They then wrote me a check for 2700 and some back. They didn't release the money till I was there signing papers. No wonder people don't want to buy houses.
[/url]

I totally feel your pain. I was there 2 years ago when I bought this house. My recommendation to anyone who wants to live on their own land is to keep EVERYTHING. Any bill, or record that you could possibly retain, hold onto it. When I get my credit card bills, they always come in 3 pages, listed as such "page 1 of 3" I would always throw away the last page because it was just those "write yourself a check at an assraping interest rate" pages. I went through hell getting 12 months of my credit card statements mailed back out at my expense because the mortgage company would not except them missing the last page. Oh and "prequalified" doesn't mean a damn thing. I still don't understand the concept of earnest money.

Kurt