I Got My Gt -- Finally!!!

Beergoggles

Mar 30, 2005
Jesus!
Ordered in November came in TODAY I got it off the trailer the only vert in 150 mile radius (South Texas).
First impressions -- the SOB is definitely F A ST -- gunning the throttle in first and you are rewarded with a nice neck snapping rush -- the torque is ample 3rd gear goes quite a long way -- up AND down.
Shaker 500 is loud enough --but what impressed me most was laying into the throttle produces a nasty roar but fades fast once you start cruising.
The dealer told me they have 5200 oversells for the year --Ford won't fill any more orders you have to grab one off the lot or order an '06 the '05s --at least custom ordered '05's --are spoken for.
And I got mine. Flat MSRP no negotiations with tradein and taxes I walked off the lot at 29K flat even --GT premium only thing it didn't have was IUP and theft system and them chrome tires.
It's definitely a road cruiser --with the top down you quickly get a woodie and lots of smiles (maybe it's the hard-on getting the smiles?)
The soft boot LOOKs good but frankly its a pain in the ass to install --it'll take five solid minutes of pushing and shoving but it looks better than the standard top.
Overall I'm happy --my wife sat outside for two hours just polishing the wax and sitting in the seats.
Man if gas hits $3 a gallon I'm screwed. This car is made for abuse you WANT to zip around town burning tires and raising hell.
I'll post some photos tommorw --I got home late and the digital didn't get any good shots.
But at under 30K this car is a keeper --I ain't selling it no matter WHAT. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, I guess I'll have to go to bed tonight dreaming about mine. It's suppose to be built the week of April 18th. About another month for me. I am going to have the biggest grin on my face once it comes. :rlaugh: Oh, I mean the Mustang. :D

Congratulations on your purchase, I pretty much got the same deal you did
($29,000) except I did not order mine. I went to the lot and got the last 05 GT they had I traded my 98 GT.

Can't get photo's to load --size too big

Yeah she sucks gas like you'd expect -- I went 60 miles today and
drained about an eighth of a tank. I noticed a little shimmy at high speeds when the roads rough -- not bad but it is a little irritating sometimes since I'm not used to it.
She rides nice though --and very quiet with the topdown. She draws hardest at about 3K rpms in 3rd gear -- gunning her you can really feel the torque kick in. I wish I could have gotten the IUP but it was unavailable when I ordered -- not a big deal really the guts are there. My recomendation is upgrade the wheel set as the chrome I think looks better, but thats me.
The vert is the way to go --at least here in the nasty hot climate.

I tried uploading photos they say file size is too large (1.38 MG) even after zipping --anybody know how I can get these to upload?

thanks