i guess ill introduce myself too...

VR4

Mar 1, 2007
vancouver, wa
just move to felida area from a rock in the pacific. currently driving a 97 3000gt VR4 with a couple real minor mods. going back to the rock in a couple weeks to ship my lincoln (95 mark VIII) up here so i can take the knife to the vr4.

ive been a tech for a ford dealer back home since i was 18. won some national competition that ford sponsors when i was in HS. got a job at vancouver ford up here and lovin it. (if you take your car to a dealer bring it to me. /shameless plug) while i dont have a mustang im sure you know the mark has a dohc 32v that was later found in the cobras. my gf/ex (whatever you wanna consider it. she stayed and i left) has an 03 cobra with some mods. went mid 12s@116 with me being a :taco: launching it on et streets. im positive its got 11s in it (yes...its a vert with no rollbar)

i wont say what i have in the works for the lincoln but i will say im going for the ford dyno record at rrev with it (706 rwhp) hopefully this will happen withen the next 18 months.

now that thats out of the way....yes i like my 3000gts but im not an import fanboi. back home the only ppl i would cruise with were the camaro/mustang/vette guys. typical import owners got on my nerves. my last VR4 that got rearended walked a bpu supra on the highway and ran damn near dead even wtih an 03 Z06. (he had me by 2 cars at 160 when i topped out 4th)

i humbly request acceptance into the domestic scene here. i refuse to hang with honda owners.

• Sponsors (?)

just move to felida area from a rock in the pacific. currently driving a 97 3000gt VR4 with a couple real minor mods. going back to the rock in a couple weeks to ship my lincoln (95 mark VIII) up here so i can take the knife to the vr4.

ive been a tech for a ford dealer back home since i was 18. won some national competition that ford sponsors when i was in HS. got a job at vancouver ford up here and lovin it. (if you take your car to a dealer bring it to me. /shameless plug) while i dont have a mustang im sure you know the mark has a dohc 32v that was later found in the cobras. my gf/ex (whatever you wanna consider it. she stayed and i left) has an 03 cobra with some mods. went mid 12s@116 with me being a :taco: launching it on et streets. im positive its got 11s in it (yes...its a vert with no rollbar)

i wont say what i have in the works for the lincoln but i will say im going for the ford dyno record at rrev with it (706 rwhp) hopefully this will happen withen the next 18 months.

now that thats out of the way....yes i like my 3000gts but im not an import fanboi. back home the only ppl i would cruise with were the camaro/mustang/vette guys. typical import owners got on my nerves. my last VR4 that got rearended walked a bpu supra on the highway and ran damn near dead even wtih an 03 Z06. (he had me by 2 cars at 160 when i topped out 4th)

i humbly request acceptance into the domestic scene here. i refuse to hang with honda owners.

Welcome!!! and Im sorry... ( you work a vancouver ford) just kidding well just alittle, actually my only buying experience was good it was with chase... hes cool!!! but the parts on the other hand.. ummm yeah... but sorry we missed you tonight at s.b, thats kinda a far drive from felida!! its nice to have another ford tech guy on here!! ok so whats your name so I dont have to yell hey import boy!!! JUST KIDDING!!! :)

im cool with import boy. LOL

im steve. if you catch me talking pidgin hawaiian english just smack me. ill come back. ive had a couple encounters with the parts dept there too before i started working there...i can understand. if you need anything from them now just get ahold of me ill take care of it.

Welcome! I'm to sorry to hear you work for the devil! (i'm serious) but hey no biggie just dont get corrupted from them! Me and vanc. ford dont get along. Your VR4 sounds intresting, but the lincoln even better! Theres a guy on here i beleive from seattle area that has a couple of those lincoln's that are preatty impressive. So back from where your from (witch is ?) are you one of the guy's in the streetfire video's in the VR4's? If your looking to tangle with some slurpies there's a couple on here that would be willing to. See ya tomorrow night at S/B and if your hitting PIR before hand then i'll see ya there, just dont bring in any beer or anything like that cause they will search your car before entry. What color is your VR4? One of mine is in my avatar.

they search your car? wow. my car is red.

im from hawaii. vanc ford cant be any worse than the 1 i came from.

i have a friend who works at landmark but thats way too far for me to drive.

they search your car?
That's making it out more than it is. If they bother to look at all, the most they do is ask you to pop the trunk so they can glance inside. Takes 10 seconds. And if you're cool with the security guy he'll let you skate by with no more than the question "got any beer with you?". At least that's how it's always been for me.

And BTW, welcome to Stangnet.

While I agree Vancouver Ford has not been the best to me in the past (For me the parts department has been the problem), I have a couple old technician friends that work there- John and Jeff. Just saw John last week as a matter of fact.

Anyway, Welcome! I am sure we will see you around.

i was born in HI thats about all though. welcome to SN would like to see the cars at the track both in straight lines and the full 12 turns too.

as you can see from my avatar i auto-x quite a bit. everything i ever owned went around those cones....my s10 included.

up here im gonna hit up the whole course at PIR as soon as i can. i dont know who to contact to get into that though. i actually will be building a gutted and caged stealth for that soon enough.

im one of the guys who frequents the road course here at pir. im also an instructor for TC and CSCC. TC team continental CSCC cscade sports car club both have web sites and HPDE events.

Welcome.

Catch me up on a little of the lingo. I know what the VR4 is, but it has really never made sence too me. VR4 but its a V6 turbo. VW uses a VR6 with it being a V6 non turbo, and I believe the VR4 was out before Volkswagon used the VR6 trademark, so what does the VR4 represent?:shrug: