i guess i'm back...

arwww681

Jun 22, 2020
san diego
i'm back to the forums and wanted to start a new chapter with a new classic mustang. I usedd to be on here daily with my old turbocharged 67 which was sold about 5 years ago to a good home, i check in on it from time to time on instagram. LOL. Anyway, my is Rich and here is my current project that i have been working on.

1966 coupe:
CPP front suspension, 94 5.0 with edelbrock performer heads, sniper EFI, cable clutch 5 speed, all wheel power disc brakes, 2005 disc brake conversion, jba headers, x pipe, sway bars with 2005 GT wheels. Pony interior 66 stang 66stang.JPG 66interior.jpg 66sniper.jpg
66stang.JPG

• Sponsors(?)

Saine65

May 31, 2020
Pueblo, CO
What do you think of the CPP suspension? I've been looking at it but can't seem to find anyone who actually has it to tell me about it.

arwww681

Jun 22, 2020
san diego
What do you think of the CPP suspension? I've been looking at it but can't seem to find anyone who actually has it to tell me about it.
I had a shop at one point in my life where i did many stock front suspension rebuilds, shelby drops with better coil springs and shocks, then also the coil over suspension upgrades. Honestly this is deffinelty better that a standard rebuild with shelby drop and springs and sway bars. it seems handle much smoother with the lower A arm instead of the just the lower control arm.Other benefit is that this kit has a lower ecentric adjuster. with 1 1/4" spacers on these 17x8 45mm rims i can fit 245/45/17's up front with no issues and no tire rubbing but i ordered a set of 235/35/17's for all four corners. The 245 just look huge in the 66 fender well. next purchase is a rack and pinion over the stock power steeting, this i believe will do what i need it to do which is a fun cruiser and potentially a weekend track runner if i get up the nerve. I had an AJE kit on the last mustang, this i like better and for the money you speed compared to TCP and other coil overs, i think this is a great set up.

Reactions: RaggedGT

Saine65

May 31, 2020
Pueblo, CO
I had a shop at one point in my life where i did many stock front suspension rebuilds, shelby drops with better coil springs and shocks, then also the coil over suspension upgrades. Honestly this is deffinelty better that a standard rebuild with shelby drop and springs and sway bars. it seems handle much smoother with the lower A arm instead of the just the lower control arm.Other benefit is that this kit has a lower ecentric adjuster. with 1 1/4" spacers on these 17x8 45mm rims i can fit 245/45/17's up front with no issues and no tire rubbing but i ordered a set of 235/35/17's for all four corners. The 245 just look huge in the 66 fender well. next purchase is a rack and pinion over the stock power steeting, this i believe will do what i need it to do which is a fun cruiser and potentially a weekend track runner if i get up the nerve. I had an AJE kit on the last mustang, this i like better and for the money you speed compared to TCP and other coil overs, i think this is a great set up.
Thank you for all the info, I'll look into them