I hate all 03/04 Cobra owners. Every last one of them.

• Sponsors (?)

03ghoststang said:
:( so true and i spoiled myself when i test drove an 04' Cobra a few months back
That's why I still haven't driven one.....think about how I feel....I'd have to go back to a NPI afterwords. The day I drive an 03-04 cobra is the same day I'll be driving it home and into a nice heated garage...

The only 03/04 Cobra owners i've met or ran into are some of the nicest and coolest people i've met. They're all down to earth.. However, a guy with a Turbo Supra (with 485rwhp on 19lbs of boost) thinks his car is the baddest, but will only race on the interstate from a 60mph roll.. he laughed at me when i told him my car was a 4.6L 281.. he goes "ha.. that thing must be slow.. sucks to be you".. :) I can't wait til he finally goes to the track and races an 03/04 Cobra with some mods and a good driver :rlaugh:

BigChiefSmokem said:
:bang:

I thought his threw me back in the seat when it was stock.. jeez, now with more power... :jaw:

I was thinking.. With a vortech sq at 400hp and a 3.90 gear, think I could keep up with him?
You might keep up for the first 1/8 mile, but after that, see ya. Cobras pull like a mutha at 4800-6000rpms.

Just build the short block, buy some heads, buy some blower cams and slap a KB 2.2 on your 2V....= 03 cobras getting owned :D.

My hangup with them is that they are HEAVY....most modded cobras weigh 3700+#s. Alot of owners put ALOT of crap on them....billit underhood stuff, more coolant compacity, better heat exchangers, ect.
That gives us a good 30HP advantage. So roughly 430RWHP will put you even with your cousin. :nice: Your will probably beat him...buy a 1.7 Kb and have Tim tune it to around 420. that would mean you guys would be a drivers race...Its not as hopeless as you think hehe.

just saw a guy spend 8k for a 1.7 kb install, made 405 hp/tq tuned. seems like alot of money imo for the gain.

8k+ the initial cost of a 2000 gt for example, and your roughly at 20k. you can find 03's for 20 if you look. i paid 23 for mine with 11k miles. you also get more out of the cobra's over the power.

i know comparing initial car costs is lame, i think this is pretty damn close in comparison though, especially if your just going to "beat a cobra". then you also take into affect your on the stock trans/clutch/rear/shortblock of the 2v.

just my opinion. im pissed at my cobra though so thats all i can bare to compliment them on.

I have a three friends who own 03 Cobras and they're all cool ppl. Every terminator owner I've met in person seems to be decent, they even gave me props for my car. But it seems most of them online are overly arrogant & complete @ssholes. Go to SVTP.com and you'll see what I'm talking about. Many of them have that Cobra > ANYTHING mentality and even bash the Machs and the older N/A Cobras. I find it hilarious to see some of them get bent out of shape if you dare call their SVT Cobra a Mustang. The only reason why I visit that forum is to check out the cool vids that are posted.

Anyways, I'd race a pullied Cobra for the hell of it. With my lighter weight and solid rear, I'd think it'd be a pretty good race. I just need better tires (DRs).

281pony said:
just saw a guy spend 8k for a 1.7 kb install, made 405 hp/tq tuned. seems like alot of money imo for the gain.

8k+ the initial cost of a 2000 gt for example, and your roughly at 20k. you can find 03's for 20 if you look. i paid 23 for mine with 11k miles. you also get more out of the cobra's over the power.

i know comparing initial car costs is lame, i think this is pretty damn close in comparison though, especially if your just going to "beat a cobra". then you also take into affect your on the stock trans/clutch/rear/shortblock of the 2v.

just my opinion. im pissed at my cobra though so thats all i can bare to compliment them on.

Yeah, modding a 2V is very expensive, plus it can be a pain at times. I know my car has given me headaches, and often left me wondering why I didn't sell it for a terminator. But in the end, I'm very satisfied at how it turned out. Heavily modding a GT is one thing, but doing it while retaining its creature comforts and refinement is another. Despite the numerous mods and $$$ put into my car, it still drives like the day I drove it off the lot. No rattles, or minor quirks. When ppl look at my car, they think everything on it is factory OEM. And to think I'm not finished. I hope to have a 302 shortblock under the hood sometime.

Anyways, there's nothgin wrong with Cobra owners being proud (and rightfully so) to own possibly the best production Mustang ever -just as I'm proud to turn my once 205rwhp slug into a mean, yet refined street machine. But there's a fine line between that and pure arrogance.

Okay, I'm done rambling for the night :)

02LaserRed2V said:
I have a three friends who own 03 Cobras and they're all cool ppl. Every terminator owner I've met in person seems to be decent, they even gave me props for my car. But it seems most of them online are overly arrogant & complete @ssholes. Go to SVTP.com and you'll see what I'm talking about. Many of them have that Cobra > ANYTHING mentality and even bash the Machs and the older N/A Cobras. I find it hilarious to see some of them get bent out of shape if you dare call their SVT Cobra a Mustang. The only reason why I visit that forum is to check out the cool vids that are posted.

Anyways, I'd race a pullied Cobra for the hell of it. With my lighter weight and solid rear, I'd think it'd be a pretty good race. I just need better tires (DRs).

Yea and then most of the videos are just them racing from a roll like little girls with no skills....that video section is the only good thing and even then its pretty much retards everywhere in there.

i hear you.

ive met a couple cobra owners before i had mine. most seemed cool, just like anything though. these cars get their asses handed to them by a fair amount of stuff when it gets serious. some dont want to admit it though. they are pigs in the weight, usually putting us at a 50-70 rwhp downfall vs lighter cars. (vette from all the vids i see)

on the street though, i think its one of the most fun cars you could have for the money. awesome driveability with 500 rwhp and great power is there from 1500 rpm to redline.

I test drove the piss out of one the other day. It had a cai, exhaust of some sort, and a crazy system, 2 13" W7's, 2 1000/1's, and a 450/4. The guy at the dealership was really cool, we took it to a parking lot and slid it around quite a bit...hehe :D . It was like a 30 min test drive!! Most fun i've had in a while. I dunno what it was doing numbers wise, but I could DEFINATLEY feel the weight difference from my car. I honestly wasn't as impressed by this engine that everyone says is sooo great, maybe because it was soo fat, I dunno, but the whine was definately addicting, and it was for sure fast. I just was expecting more I guess. :shrug: Got some looks, good god I got tons of looks, HAHA!!

Skidzz said:
That's why I still haven't driven one.....think about how I feel....I'd have to go back to a NPI afterwords. The day I drive an 03-04 cobra is the same day I'll be driving it home and into a nice heated garage...

yeah now i feel my car all slow and stuff cause after that test drive i was like :( wish i had it but oh well in a few months

I don't hate them, I'm glad we're related good to have a big brother that can take care of business for ya.

*sidenote*

There was a used '03 Cobra with 6k miles on the lot when I picked up my new '03 Mach 1. It was a about 4 gs more then what my car was at the time but I never really considered the Terminator anyway. Glad I made the purchase I did, since top speed and horsepower (with the right mods and some cash anything can be made fast, heck there are a bunch of 2Vers runnin around with some serious power) is not everything to me, however my good friend picked up that very Terminator the next weekend so I basically get to see and drive it whenever I want. :nice: