I HATE EBAY BID SNIPERS!!!!!! (even though i do it too)

• Sponsors (?)

:lol:

You should've bid more than $117.50 to be safe :shrug: What else do you expect.

That's like saying I would've won a car for $10 but everyone else bid so I gave up :p

There are two ways to bid on eBay. If you are looking for a good deal, then you snipe it. It's the best way to shop.

If you won't be at your computer at auctions end and you won't be able to snipe it yourself....then you put in the MAXIMUM amount of money you are willing to spend on the item. Which means figure out your max bid and add $3.06 to it....or round it up to the nearest $5 increment and add .06 cents. Then ignore the auction and wait for the e-mail telling you that you won or you lost. If you lost, don't even read the e-mail, just trash it and move on. Looking to see how much you lost the bidding by is only going to torture you because chances are, you are only going to be outbid by a few dollars.

I can't tell you how many times adding .06 cents to my bid has won me an auction.

Here, let me help you learn the ways of Ebay....

Check out this link: :doh: Denied by Daggar! :owned:
Now start placing bids on these items and see how many of them you can win. I would suggest starting off with a high number....all the items are completely worth the money you will spend, you will be happy with any of those purchaces....trust me. :nice:

same thing happen to me i was bidding on some 17' ROH ZS Wheels and i lost!... but i didnt get onto the page fast enough i only had 20 sec to bid... and didnt put in a high enough amount i was mad!

personally i wouldnt buy a used DS, every used steel DS i bought gave me alot of problems, vibrations and such. i was looking for a used alum DS but i figured what the hell. i forked over the 250 for a new alum DS and i KNEW it was going to be good. and it cured all my vibes. could i have gotten a good used alum ds that wasnt messed up, yeah, but i wasnt taking my chances lol

I always wait until 20 seconds before the bid closes and bid my max. It will only go as high as needed to beat the other bidders or they outbid your max. You can say you won by $.01, but you can never say you lost by $XX because you do not know what the other bidders max was.

Some people get way to caught up in the bidding war. I guess it can be thrilling. I was once bidding on a proM and 24 lbs injector set and somebody threw a rediculiously high max bid at the last minute. I ran the bid up 150 over my initial final bid.
Kevin

personally i wouldnt buy a used DS, every used steel DS i bought gave me alot of problems, vibrations and such. i was looking for a used alum DS but i figured what the hell. i forked over the 250 for a new alum DS and i KNEW it was going to be good. and it cured all my vibes. could i have gotten a good used alum ds that wasnt messed up, yeah, but i wasnt taking my chances lol

it was for a used aluminum one. yeah i've been buying stuff off ebay for a long time now, i'm just on a really slow computer at work and couldn't get another bid off in time. lol

:lol:

You should've bid more than $117.50 to be safe :shrug: What else do you expect.

That's like saying I would've won a car for $10 but everyone else bid so I gave up :p

The problem with bidding high is that sometimes the buyer has a buddy add a few bids to run up your bid.

There have been a few times i've bid, say $50, and it will stay at $38 until an hour before it ends when "someone" bids in $2 increments until they match the $50 i put and then stops. Then the auction ends and i win at max bid because they didn't want to add 50 cents to beat me and win the auction :(

So now i just watch it and wait til 3 seconds left to shoot my bid in. I think it's fair because if the other person puts in the MAX they are willing to pay and then i shoot a bid in with the max i want and win it, then it's all fair.

Speaking of Ebay....are some people just allergic to reading the descriptions?

I have three things on eBay now, and each auction states that I will ship to the lower 48 states only. Yet every question I have received has been asking what the shipping costs would be to Germany, the UK, Australia.

I don't put "only ship to the lower 48 states" in my auctions because I think it's funny. I put it there so people will NOT ask, because I refuse to ship outside the US. Customs is a pain in the ass and I have daily UPS pickup at work.

I just wish people would actually READ what is typed in the listing.

I also have "paypal only" but usually the last day of the auction I start getting the "will you accept money order?" questions. Yea, I will accept money order....if by "money order" you mean you will pay with paypal and you have funds in your account at the time.

The last set of items I listed one guy asked if he could send money order AFTER he won the auction. So I accepted under the strict stipulation that it would NOT be a post office money order. He agreed to get a bank money order....then proceeded to send me a postal money order. So I took the small box I was going to ship his item in, removed the item, put the postal money order in the box along with a printed copy of our e-mails where I told him specifically NOT to send a postal money order and his reply saying that he wouldn't.

He got the hint.