I have a car on my kill list now.

realtripp

Mar 1, 2003
Ft. Madison, IA
It is not that impressive though. It is a 2001 Cavalier Z24 convertible. Not terrible impressive but one has to start somwhere.

I went with my buddy and his girlfriend to another friends house up in Ottumwa to a party. My buddy's GF (Leslie) wanted to drive and I asked if she could drive stick. Turns out she is a truckdrivers daughter and is pretty good at it. She also used to own an 87 5.0 and misses driving a Stang. So I let her drive.

So I am in the passenger's seat and we were cruising along and another of our friends and his GF comes along in this Cavalier and are doing the whole "lets race" thing with their car.

I just chuckled and told her "If you want to, go for it." She smiled, dropped it down into 4th and hammered it. I told here to put it in third, she did so and quickly proceeded to own the crap out of that Cavalier.

There was a lot of here laughing, turbo whining, and my buddy in the back seat saying "that is impressive" and "I love that turbo sound."

In retrospect it was probably a bit azzhattish but we all knew the road, it is straight with no side streets in that part and there were no other headlights to be seen. Yes it was dangerous, but not as dangerous as it could have been.

• Sponsors (?)

I have yet to be at a track. My stepfather and I will go this summer. We are going to make it a family thing.

The one time I was challenged was on a busy street in town and it was by three teenagers in an Olds Cutlass (one of the FWD V6's).

I was stuck behind a minivan.

my kill list is kinda short but some good races.
dodge hemi truck (ripped a new ass very easily)
90 gt with gears headers
87 or some yr close Iroc Camaro (auto with exhaust)
Crx the usual mods hugh wheels and fart can
Caprice police package (newer impala ss body style)
94 Gt stang with mufflers and gears
96 Gt stang Stock

thats bout it for now :) . Their all Red light races some buncha other racers where we're just cruisin but i dont count them.

I got a couple impressive kills, but it seems like nobody wants to run when the hear the turbo whine.
I beat a 3000GT by a hair, even from stop and a 5.0 with long tubes, no cats and gears from a roll.

i owned a civic one night. some guy with his hot ass girlfriend in the car.

you may be saying to yourself "thats not that impressive"

well i couldnt figure out why the car was not doing what it should be doing and was slow as molassas.

so in short:

I BEAT A CIVIC FROM A STOPLIGHT WHILE MY WASTEGATE ACUATOR BRACKET WAS BENT AND HOLDING THE WASTEGATE OPEN AND MAKING NO BOOST WHATSOEVER AND I HAD A WARPED HEAD THAT BLEW 2 HEADGASKETS IN ONE WEEK SHORTLY AFTER THIS RACE.

that is what makes this story interesting and i had him at the end of second gear by about 3 car lengths.

patrick

Two years ago when I bought the 88 I was coming down a local highway late at night. I heard an up coming fart canon, and watched for it. The 90 honda accord came up beside me in 4th gear, whining. I also in fourth gear, gave it just a little gas and started passing him. Then he downshifted to third, so I gave it a little more gas. I walked away from him in 4th gear at like half throttle. The next day the engine blew it's head gasket. Upon dissasembly, we also found all 4 pistons cracked at the skirt. So yeah, hondas make no power.