I have a ? on H.C.I on my 85 GT

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
I was down the shop the other day getting all my stuff together for my Long tude header,Off road H-pipe and Cat back install...And the Guy at the shop said i should do a nice head,cam intake swap with the Exhaust set-up i should run very good at the track...is he right about that...Plus i would also squirt a 100 to 150 shot on top of that....do you think i could run some 12's with that set up?

• Sponsors (?)

Decent H/C/I + juice should get you in the 11's. Ask Woodyy24 about his combo. He's also got an 85 with TFS heads, F-cam, Vic. Jr. intake + nitrous. Ran 11.67 @ 121. Quick enough for ya? :D

Thanks for the reply..I think i might go with AFR 165 heads..TFS cam and an edelbrock air gap performer RPM intake...and a 100-150 shot...I already have an edelbrock 650 AVS carb...So i hope that will yeild me some decent times...My SRT-8 magnum with a 100 shot runs 12.0's @ 118 so it would be nice to get the GT in the same ball park....It is much lighter then the Mag thats for sure....lol

Uncommon to run 12s on h/c/i? Maybe on a mild cobra/gt40 intake, e cam, and ported e7 or gt40 heads. Thats good for low 13s easily, sometimes high 12s. But a good, solid 300+ rwhp combo such as holly intake, afr/tfs heads, and nice cam (especially custom) will easily run low-mid 12s all day.

Skip the AFR 165's and go straight for the 185s, especially if you plan on the juice/power adder. Plus you'll be addicted to power and want more down the road and wish you would have just done the 185's from the beginning.