I have been dreading paint...

I was thinking about different color combinations today and I though about a dark metallic blue with silver metallic stripes would look good. I would post my own pic but it is about 647KB and I can't get it any smaller so If someone could use a coupe and photoshop that color combo that would be great. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I would appreciate the help skywalker. My dad was a mechanic all through high school and his best friend lives one house over from us but we could always use the hands or knowledge.

Ozsum2 this is a complcated story. My parents got divorced so getting back and forth to school is a chore everyday. It is a six now and will be until I finish 10th grade. I start driving in february and once school gets out for the summer I will do the swap. Seeing as how I don't want to drive a primer/red car around...paint is high on the priority list. If someone could do the photoshop i can send the picture over AIM but it won't fit on the site...or at least I don't know how to make it fit...

65straightsick said:
I would appreciate the help skywalker. My dad was a mechanic all through high school and his best friend lives one house over from us but we could always use the hands or knowledge.

Ozsum2 this is a complcated story. My parents got divorced so getting back and forth to school is a chore everyday. It is a six now and will be until I finish 10th grade. I start driving in february and once school gets out for the summer I will do the swap. Seeing as how I don't want to drive a primer/red car around...paint is high on the priority list. If someone could do the photoshop i can send the picture over AIM but it won't fit on the site...or at least I don't know how to make it fit...

I'm not a car mech, but I know a fair bit about working on cars, and I'm a helo mech in the Marines (Reserve), so whatever I can lend to the project I'd be happy to help.

65straightsick said:
I'll take a 347 stroker supercharged with a side of beefy V8 suspension and a T5 to top it off. :rlaugh:

skywalker do you know of any real good junkyards between here and atlanta...I am having the hardest time finding a donor car. Thanks :flag:
Survey says: YES!

I actually know of a junkyard 10 minutes from my house that has a 289 just sitting there in the engine bay, on the deck...just gotta grab it and pay the man! Ther ei sa mustang only junkyard on the other end of Atlanta from me (I'm on the Alabama end) that would have just about anything you'd want.

Oh! One more thing. Go the route of a Richmond 6 speed. I wish I had! For what you will pay for a new or well rebuilt T-5, you can be a few hundred from the richmond 6 speed and there is a version that is a T-5 drop in and another that is a toploader drop in (thus, even easier!)

IT's a much more solid tranny (IMO) and hey, you can say you drive a 6 speed like gp001 does. Like I said, if I had it to do over again...

Well once i get the car off the gold blocks supporting it...........like I said...money is a big key. Why? becuase I don't even have a job yet. I did some summer work around the house and earned between $200-$300. And that is all I have. so i will save up from there...plus I could always take out of the college fund :D

don't dip into the college fund. I can not stres how much I wish my parents had put $500 into a CD...over...and over and over again, when I was younger. Iw ould have most of my education paid for instead of obscene student loan amounts. Get a job. No job is beneath you. No wage is beneath you.

I agree get a job and if you can work full time. I am also in high school and am doing it. Start paying your own taxes and begin to live your own life. I cant stress how important it is to start this as early as possible, but always put school first. The good thing about full time you get raises and decent pay, you also get paid vacations. Claim yourself as 0 on your taxes and get yourself a nice hefty tax return come april. I really wish i had started working earlier being a poor high school student like yourself. I look at my paychecks and even if at first it isn't much believe me it will get there and it all adds up pretty fast, since you don't have to worry about car payments, loans, housing, and food. Trust me youll live life a lot easier this way. Sorry to preach good luck with the car. All goals are attainable. When i was your age i wanted a 66 straight six coupe and my parents thought it was unsafe. After a year i showed them a few more and they loved the 1969-1970 mustangs(because they are bigger which apparently meant safer to them) which made them want to spot me on what i fell short on and now im cruising in a 69 mach 1.

Well i've got the car and that is half the battle. I would have gotten a job at 15 but my mom doesn't want to have to drive me back and forth all the time so I have to wait till i'm 16 for that. But I would love to have all the bells and whistles while I am still in high school..because what's the point of having those things if you don't show them off. right? Well I have over on the close side of $200 to spend and that won't buy s#%t these days. I have to find a junkyard for most of what is going onto the car. My seats. My suspension....so forth. Right now i guess i need to get a seat belt kit. I am hoping my parents help pay for paint...in other words I hope they pay for it...haha. Thanks for the replies.

Don't do the junkyard suspension my friend. Get a job, get the money and do it right the first time.

I know it sucks having a less than perfect car. My first car was an '83 nissan/datsun pickup, my second was an '87 CRX, 3rd was an '87 acura integra and 4th was a '94 Plymouth Duster...I spent 5 years paying my dues with crappy cars. Finally when I was at Camp Pendleton I found my opportunity. I didn't have the cash, but I had EXCELLENT credit, and I could afford to may small payments for a couple years ('sides, I'd get full coverage anyways right?) I found a guy who wanted to get rid of his, so I took the opportunity. HAven't regretted it since.

Hey

65straightsick said:
I was thinking about different color combinations today and I though about a dark metallic blue with silver metallic stripes would look good. I would post my own pic but it is about 647KB and I can't get it any smaller so If someone could use a coupe and photoshop that color combo that would be great. Thanks

E-mail it to [email protected], I'll use Image compression S/W to sqeeze it to a managable size and post it here for you. No big deal, there's plenty of guys here helping me out, chance for a little payback.

I'll try some coloring too if you want.

Roy.

I got the pics

65straightsick said:
Email sent...thanks roy...I would like to see either Dark blue with white or dark blue with silver...whichever you think looks better.

The pics you sent weren't really very large. Looks like they were dig. image pics converted to .BMP

This makes them very Jagged.

Send the original .jpg (probably) and I can do better for you.

I just did a quick job to give you an idea of how they come out. I'll mess with it again after dinner.

Put up a paint chip. (just anything I can copy the color from)

-edited to remove old images--

I am trying to think of a color...what ever a good dark metallic blue....it doen't have to be a direct copy of what it will look like just an idea of what to look for. I don't have the originals anymore...I put these in paint, downsized and saved...I might still have one though let me check..okay I found the original one but I will try and send it now...thanks.

If your looking for a True Blue Metallic Flake you may checkout Gen. II SVT Lightning's and very few 98-02 Cobras, 01 Roush's, 01 Bullitt, I believe the FORD paint code is E03
I liked this paint because it shifts colors at diffrent angles and lighting as you can see
86091.jpg

86090.jpg

85819.jpg

80970.jpg