i have got to stop driving my car so hard.

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
for the last 8 months, ever since i got my heads, cams, and l/t i been gettin on my car every single time i drive it without a doubt.

of course there are my 6000rpm blasts but those are not every time. mostly, i ride out every gear to 3000-3500rmp. THIS IS FROM EVERY STOP THOUGH!

i have to relax. it just feels so good excelerating like that that its like an addiction. i dont exactly floor it every time, just give like 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and watch the rpm rise smoothly.

after i drive the car though i always feel like i was too hard on it. i know there are guys who bang gears all the time/drop the clucth all of which take toll on the car. my engine is doing most of the work...still makes me fell like i should take it light on it.

today it actually got me pulled over for speeding. i was way over the speed limit and didnt even realize it. cop was real cool and didnt write me a ticket.
however, this was a warning to me to chill out a bit.

im really going to have to controll myself brfore i get my blower.

anyone else drive their car like this all the time?

• Sponsors (?)

I figure you aren't driving a mustang properly if your not bagging the poopoo out of it. (i just read rule #2)

My friend does it best, when we're in his prelude he talks for the car **litte girl voice** Oh please dont hurt me, im just a little honda, please be gentle, its my first time

In my car **James Hetfield from Metallica voice "YEAAH FLOOR ME!!! REV ME TILL I BLOW, I CAN TAKE WHATEVER YOU CAN DISH OUT YOU PANSY"

Its hard to describe over a forum but its hilarious in person. I dont think i've driven my car yet without pinning it at least once while driving.

that voice thing your friend does is pretty funny. i guess somthing will break if i keep driving like that, that is why i feel bad afterward i think.

an other reason for my driving like this besides the rush, and the fact that the car begs to be driven that way, if the fact that it is not my dd.

it all boils down to that i think. i drive my 94 taurus daily and hop in the gt a couple times a week. when i finally get in the gt, i just want to drive that baby. even though its 4 yrs old now im not the least bit tired of feeling the pull of this car when i get into it.

if i drove it everyday i guess i would not drive it like that every light.:shrug:

Doesn't sound like you drive your car that hard to me. 3-3.5k on average....not so bad. Maybe its just me....but where are you supposed to shift to supposedly "take it easy" on your car? Anything less is idle speed!

ZaC851 said:
I used to feel the same way. Now, I drive that $hit like I hate it. Of course it's always broke, so I feel like I have to get it back for breaking on me all that time...

:rlaugh: thats the best reasoning i've ever heard.

I do maybe 1 WOT run per tank of gas, it's my DD so I go easy on it 95% of the time

ADRENLN said:
that voice thing your friend does is pretty funny. i guess somthing will break if i keep driving like that, that is why i feel bad afterward i think.

an other reason for my driving like this besides the rush, and the fact that the car begs to be driven that way, if the fact that it is not my dd.

it all boils down to that i think. i drive my 94 taurus daily and hop in the gt a couple times a week. when i finally get in the gt, i just want to drive that baby. even though its 4 yrs old now im not the least bit tired of feeling the pull of this car when i get into it.

if i drove it everyday i guess i would not drive it like that every light.:shrug:

HAHAHA dont count on it :D . I work 3-4 days a week and 99% of the time, ill give it a 5-6K run EVERY DAY....sometimes 2+++. Just about everytime I drive it, I go WOT at some point.

Although I have been trying to calm down now because security at my work is REALLY trying to catch me LOL. They are getting complaints because im blasting by people while we are leaving work :rlaugh: and i have raced my friends 2005 ninja 500R out of there, tested out the line lock and filled the road with smoke, a few other miny burnouts, and even a sweeping donut after my friend did one in his 400RWHP vette. Good times :SNSign:

yea i guess thats just the way it goes with a mustang. every time i take it out before i get in i say to myself "ok today im gonna drive it nice and easy" Hahahahahaha! that never seems to work out. oh well.

yea just a huge ticket and my ins. going sky high for speeding would have really ruined my year. of course i was very thankful he didnt ticket me.

hotmustang331 said:
HAHAHA dont count on it :D . I work 3-4 days a week and 99% of the time, ill give it a 5-6K run EVERY DAY....sometimes 2+++. Just about everytime I drive it, I go WOT at some point.

I agree, shoot I just about give it a good amount at every light, I always look in the rear few after I get up to speed and every one else is already seemingly 1/4 mile back. Not to mention that my car doesn't even feel like it's goin anywhere til @ 3000+ rpms. I do try to keep the rpms down once ina while just to save gas but **** that usually only lasts about 30 seconds until the car is warmed up, I just can't help it.

Pennywise2 said:
Sorry to say it but you can look forward to replacing
some broken parts one day.

Yeah thats true, but if your going to put around why do it in a harsh riding mustang that gets crappy mileage. I beat the bag out of my stang and I love doing it. Plus if somthing breaks I know how to fix it. Parts breakage is part of the game.

I go WOT at least once or twice a day or even more sometimes. I'm always getting on it off a light or a stop sing. Mustangs are muscle cars so treat them like one. Wonder what I’m going to do when I get 4.10s and cams :D

svttech76 said:
Yeah thats true, but if your going to put around why do it in a harsh riding mustang that gets crappy mileage. I beat the bag out of my stang and I love doing it. Plus if somthing breaks I know how to fix it. Parts breakage is part of the game.
I agree with that Mike if you own a Ford look toward to fixing it lol.
At your work Mike are their alot of mustangs that need to be fixed?
I bet you work on fixing alot of Freestar's,Focus's,and Taurus's?
Just wondering?