i have got to stop driving my car so hard.

• Sponsors (?)

I usually go WOT once every 2 drives. I shift around 2600rpm usually tho.. But every now and then i'll beat the holy piss out of the car :D

It's gonna be HARD to not get on it and beat it's ass after I get it back from the shop (VT Stage 2's going in) until I get a tune :( :eek:

jasonh_86 said:
I usually go WOT once every 2 drives. I shift around 2600rpm usually tho.. But every now and then i'll beat the holy piss out of the car :D

It's gonna be HARD to not get on it and beat it's ass after I get it back from the shop (VT Stage 2's going in) until I get a tune :( :eek:
Don't go WOT and drive normal until you do get your
tune your car will thank you Jason. :D :eek:

Pennywise2 said:
I agree with that Mike if you own a Ford look toward to fixing it lol.
At your work Mike are their alot of mustangs that need to be fixed?
I bet you work on fixing alot of Freestar's,Focus's,and Taurus's?
Just wondering?

We hardly see mustangs. Mostly exlporers and expeds. The area I work in is very high income and thats what most of our customers buy. As far as reliability Fords are pretty decent.. Much better than when I worked on VW's now those are the biggest POS on the market.

And no I don't look forward to fixing it. I don't want to work on a car after I spent 8 hours working on cars. But I did not buy a mustang to put around it.. There are many better daily drivers out there.

svttech76 said:
We hardly see mustangs. Mostly exlporers and expeds. The area I work in is very high income and thats what most of our customers buy. As far as reliability Fords are pretty decent.. Much better than when I worked on VW's now those are the biggest POS on the market.

And no I don't look forward to fixing it. I don't want to work on a car after I spent 8 hours working on cars. But I did not buy a mustang to put around it.. There are many better daily drivers out there.
Agreed Mike if you become a Ford Tech don't think you will be installing
KB's a mustangs all day.I talked to a Ford Tech in a medium income
area and he told me we will get to work on mustangs very rarely.
He says that he works on Focus's,Freestar's,Taurus's,and Fusion's
mostly does that sound normal to you Mike?

i wouldnt worry, aint like its a DSM or something.........

i too am just like you. each trip in the car i have to go WOT at least once through 2nd gear. i go full out everytime i merge onto the freeway, which is every day. its a mustang, its what it was meant for. you wanna drive slow, get a civic.

svttech76 said:
VW's now those are the biggest POS on the market.

Gotta agree there...those are the most over-engineered POS cars out there. I don't know how long ago it was that you worked on them, but the newer ones are electrical nightmares. I have never seen cars like these where you have to set adaptation/readiness codes whenever you hang a part on a car. Heck, you can't even put a battery in one without resetting the throttle body adaptation. :nonono:

Truth be told, I was waiting for our first 20th Anniversary GTi to come in at work when I bought my first Mustang (the one I have now). I had always owned VWs and Audis but I know there's no way I could drive that GTi like I do the Stang (it'd live at the shop for repairs and recalls...oh, the many, many VW recalls).

Oh, and when things do break on our Mustangs the parts don't break the bank like they do for those kraut/rice burners :nice:

thanks for the replies guys. trust me i dont want to drive slow...that is the problem. i enjoy this car very much. i just try to treat it with some level of respect. im not trying to break it but i want to see that my hard work and money is paying off.

it just gets to be a problem because i like the pull of third gear better then the 2 lower gears. any idea how fast you are going when you have 3rd gear at 4000 rpm :D that is the problem because in order for me to really feel the pull third gear needs to up in the rpm.

cant imagine how it is going to feel with the blower....cant wait,
better get some new fop cards and a good radar detector!:jaw:

ADRENLN said:
better get some new fop cards and a good radar detector!
The Valentine one is the best radar detector out there
from what hear from people how have them.They are very pricey
though.ADRENLN start watching out for the pigs when you drive
your mustang so, you don't get a lame ticket lol. :D

I drive it however suits my mood. If I feel like roaring, ill roar, and wont think twice afterward or feel bad (not being reckless, obviously.. just stabbing the throttle now and then). I used to, but its a machine. It will break, and you can fix it. Its not a living thing so its not a sin to bring it to its limits.
When I feel like driving slow ill drive slow... but im never compelled to not get on it for fear of destroying it.

When I drive my everyday I usually only run her up once or twice a day. 3500-4500. Well unless I got someone in the car hollering to see the Light in the dash. :D then it's 5900 in 1st or 2nd.
Now when I only drive it once a week or once ever few weeks I beat it.

BTW the way I've always looked at it 50% of redline rpm is well within safety limits of the engine might as well take advantage of it.