I have searched the thread for my answer about gears.

• Sponsors (?)

from what I understand, they make the tightest, best cut on the gears, and fit the best with minimum to no extra shimming required, beyond stock.

really, imo, on paper, 3.73 to 4.10 sounds like a big jump, but it's not. I've got 3.73's and my buddy has 4:10's, and it's only the difference in a couple hundred rpm's or so.

I agree. Go FMS.

As said before in the other thread, 5% difference between 3.73 and 4.10 gears in OD, but a 9% increase in gear reduction in first gear, that's worth it to me.

If you can go with the FMS to cut out any "humming" variables or troublesome installs. Your just less likely from what I understand to run into those problems...but I'm not at all putting down the other gears.

Go with 373's...the car's I have been in...the difference is quite obvious in the shortness of gears and the ending revs...

I believe the revs were around 300rpm more I think...a considerable amount when on the interstate. Take a spin and see...

I have a buddy who installs gears all the time. He only installs FMS. He will not put gears in a car unless they let him use FMS. They are the best in his opinion. They use the tightest tolerances he says.

i would get the richmond gears. Because i believe ( i am sure somebody will let me know if i am wrong) the fms gears don't have the pinion depth engraved on them. They just go by the master housing depth method. So the installation will be more accurate if you put them in to the exact depth. But not too many people have a $325.00 depth setting tool to do this with.

mr.b said:
i would get the richmond gears. Because i believe ( i am sure somebody will let me know if i am wrong) the fms gears don't have the pinion depth engraved on them. They just go by the master housing depth method. So the installation will be more accurate if you put them in to the exact depth. But not too many people have a $325.00 depth setting tool to do this with.

This is true. Fortunately though, you rarely have to change that with FMS gears. Matching up to the factory piece is usually right on. :nice:

I have 4.10s in my car (5 speed) and I LOVE THEM. They are FMS. But I am kind of worried about when I finally put the Nitrous on that it will be too much gear. So if I werer gonna get gears now, i would go with 373. Just my .02