I just bought a 2012 mustang GT premium

just did some reading. so the way i understand it is

call the dealership and get the manager of the fleet department
Yes
tell him where you work and that you want to buy a car
Doesn't matter
Offer to buy the car at about a $500 mark up?
Yes

do you have to prove that it is for business use?
No and he probably won't even ask you that. Fleet guys, at least here in Cali, will do individual retail deals. In fact that's what most of them do.
and if you do i could just tell them i work for my dad since he has his own (small, hes his own employee) business?
Again, you most likely won't be asked that.
and what is the invoice on a gt premium? where can i find that out?[/QUOT
The fleet manager should be able to work up a price on your order, you won't get an actual invoice until a VIN is generated.

Or if you know what you're looking for in terms of rapid spec and specific options I can give you an idea. What's your zip so I can look up rebates.

• Sponsors (?)

x-plan is the way to go, it's ususally no more than $120 over invoice. If you join MCA all you'll need is your PIN number. And if you do order, send me a pm and I'll let you know how to get additional savings.

I did not need to use x-plan

x-plan is the way to go, it's ususally no more than $120 over invoice. If you join MCA all you'll need is your PIN number. And if you do order, send me a pm and I'll let you know how to get additional savings.

I just called a few dealers and asked on the phone if they would sell me a car at invoice minus the incentives at time of delivery. I found one willing to do it, went to the dealer and he ordered the car for me. No fuss, no hassle, just a geter done attitude on his and my part.

Buy the way it is Queens Boulevard Ford Lincoln Mercury.

just did some reading. so the way i understand it is

call the dealership and get the manager of the fleet department
Yes
tell him where you work and that you want to buy a car
Doesn't matter
Offer to buy the car at about a $500 mark up?
Yes

do you have to prove that it is for business use?
No and he probably won't even ask you that. Fleet guys, at least here in Cali, will do individual retail deals. In fact that's what most of them do.
and if you do i could just tell them i work for my dad since he has his own (small, hes his own employee) business?
Again, you most likely won't be asked that.
and what is the invoice on a gt premium? where can i find that out?[/QUOT
The fleet manager should be able to work up a price on your order, you won't get an actual invoice until a VIN is generated.

Or if you know what you're looking for in terms of rapid spec and specific options I can give you an idea. What's your zip so I can look up rebates.
i think there is currently $1500 total

now if i see one on the lot i like can i buy it through the fleet manager or am i just going to have to order one?

i think there is currently $1500 total

now if i see one on the lot i like can i buy it through the fleet manager or am i just going to have to order one?

Yes rebates are $1,500.
I would call the dealership ahead of time and ask for either a fleet or internet manager and tell them what you're looking for. Tell them you're willing to pay $500 over invoice (and they will show it to you). If they don't want to play ball move to the next dealership or call back and ask for a different manager.

They jerked me around with all kinds of BS.

I called a new Ford Dealer on the phone got the owner who passed me Mike Duff.
Ford Lincoln of Queens Ford Lincoln of Queens Boulevard - Your Jamaica, New York Ford Lincoln dealer for new and used vehicle sales and service
and had a conversation with Mike. I said I wanted to buy a Premium Convertible at invoice minus the rebate at time of delivery. Mike said sure just add a $75 document fee and he would do it.

I went down told him what I wanted in the car and we did the deal in 5 minutes with no BS.

Here is the deal:

Convertible Premium
202A Auto Trans
HID lights and Security Package
Reverse Sensors and Security
Comfort Package
Ingot Silver
Stone Interior
Tape Delete

Invoice Price $33,739
Minus $2,700 for a 2001 GMC Jimmy 90,000 miles

Price $31039 + Sales Tax @8.625 $2,677.11 + $75 Doc Fee = $33,791.11
Minus $1500 incentives = OTD $32,291.11

Mike Duff (Sales Manager) is the without a doubt the most pleasant, straight forward person I have ever dealt with at a car dealership in my 45+ years of buying cars.

I hate to sound like a paid commercial for this dealer but I had a great experience there. I believe they are only in business at this location for 4-5 weeks.

I expect the car will be here in 4 weeks since the car was ordered two weeks ago.

Congrats on your upcoming 'stang! I love how positive your dealer experience was. If you would like for me to track your Mustang, PM me your order number along with the dealer name. The order number should be on your receipt from your dealer. It is usually 4 digits, 3 numbers and 1 letter, or just 4 numbers. That will help me determine which one is yours.

~Natasha

Lordstout, you mention the Brembo package includes some suspension changes. I haven't heard this before do you have any information on that?

Hi fgrdods,

The Brembo Brake Package includes:

•Front: 14" Brembo® vented rotors with Brembo® 4-piston calipers
•Rear: 11.8" vented rotors
•Unique electronic stability Control® (ESC) tuning
•19" X 9.0 dark stainless painted aluminum wheels with 255/40R19 summer-only tires
•Tire mobility kit replaces spare tire
•Aggressive suspension tuning

You can also find this information on Ford Mustang page. Hope that helps!

~Natasha

Hi fgrdods,

The Brembo Brake Package includes:

•Front: 14" Brembo® vented rotors with Brembo® 4-piston calipers
•Rear: 11.8" vented rotors
•Unique electronic stability Control® (ESC) tuning
•19" X 9.0 dark stainless painted aluminum wheels with 255/40R19 summer-only tires
•Tire mobility kit replaces spare tire
•Aggressive suspension tuning

You can also find this information on Ford Mustang page. Hope that helps!

~Natasha

Ha, ya beat me to it. I had read in a 5.0 magazine article on the Boss about it. It compared the base, premium, boss and Laguna Seca suspensions, and it only got better from base on up. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but after testdriving one and another, I could definitely feel the difference.

This is my first post and wanted to try it out. Just got my 2012 Candy Red 5.0 with 5 miles on it, for 25,760.00 out the door. Car is a base 6spd GT with 3.73 rear - end and candy red paint. Did my home work, shopped dealers and purchased the car for dealer invoice -their hold back ($894.00) and a small trade in allowance. I forfeited my $1,500.00 in rebates in order to by down my interest rate which is 3.9%. I will save myself almost $3,000.00 on interest during the loan period. Thanks for reading. CR2012

First off before I comment here someone needs to raise the :bs: on his deal.... But as for the guy who originally posted on what he I think the dealer took you to the cleaners. You walked in wanting to buy it too bad and the dealer knew he had you hooked for sticker pretty much :shrug: On the bright side your first big vehicle purchase (I'm assuming this was your first with as bad as they bent you over :eek:) is normally a learning experience. With that said we paid the same amount for our vehicles only mine msrp was $38,500 and came equipped with the rapid spec 400a, rr sensing sys/security pkg, tape stripe delete, comfort package, brembo brake package, GT coupe accessory pkg 5.....I got a good deal, but I'm sure alot of ppl got one better, but hey long as your happy with it enjoy the car :nice:

First off before I comment here someone needs to raise the :bs: on his deal....

Yeah that is total BS.

I got a good deal, but I'm sure alot of ppl got one better, but hey long as your happy with it enjoy the car :nice:

Amen brother. Somebody is always going to get a slightly better deal (even if it's only by $10) than you. If you're happy with the car and what you paid, then be happy.

In all my years in this business the people who spend days trying to squeeze every penny of dealer profit out of a car deal are the ones who still think they got screwed (even if they ended up buying car at dealer cost) and are never happy.
The people who pay full sticker are by far the happiest cars buyers I've ever seen and this is without exception.

Want to find the best deal? Buy a mustang at least 1 year old and from a private party. :)

Mustangs depreciate something $9k the first year, $2200 the following year, $2100 for the 3rd, and so on (roughly) for a total of about 35% over the first 5 years. The first year on ANY new vehicle usually means a huge loss...no matter the 'deal' the stealership pretends that one received.

I buy cars in cash, so I have a hard time stomaching the initial costs/fees and the ultimate loss on a new vehicle.

Like others have said...just do the math and make sure you are comfortable and happy with the purchase. Anywho, I guess that was besides the point of this thread...I digress.

^^^That's all well and good, but there is nothing like buying a brand new car and ordering it to your exact specifications.

I'm *always* leery of cars that are only a year old being up for sale.

^^^That's all well and good, but there is nothing like buying a brand new car and ordering it to your exact specifications.

I'm *always* leery of cars that are only a year old being up for sale.

Oh, I hear ya..definitely nothing like a brand new car. I've only bought 1 brand new car, ironically it was the only vehicle I've owned that had any major problems. I've seemed to have incredible luck with used cars (knocks on wood)

Want to find the best deal? Buy a mustang at least 1 year old and from a private party. :)

Mustangs depreciate something $9k the first year, $2200 the following year, $2100 for the 3rd, and so on (roughly) for a total of about 35% over the first 5 years. The first year on ANY new vehicle usually means a huge loss...no matter the 'deal' the stealership pretends that one received.

I buy cars in cash, so I have a hard time stomaching the initial costs/fees and the ultimate loss on a new vehicle.

Like others have said...just do the math and make sure you are comfortable and happy with the purchase. Anywho, I guess that was besides the point of this thread...I digress.

I know what you mean about this....I've been through too many vehicles, and the downside to buying new is if you don't want to loss out completely when you're ready for a new vehicle you almost have to keep going new because of end of year deals to at least hide some of the neg equity...Or at least thats my case, i purchased 6 vehicles new, and 3 of them were to hide some of my loss's