I just bought a 2012 mustang GT premium

Yep.

Load up a lease calculator on one of the many sites..I believe bankrate.com has a few.

Leases are generally designed so that the person whom leases the vehicles pays for every bit of depreciation and then a considerable bit more via fees. This is why different vehicles have different lease factors, as some vehicles depreciate more than others. I promise you, the dealer is going to get every bit of depreciation from you, extra profit, as well as whatever other 'financing/leasing' type fees they can get away with.[\quote]
You do realize, actually you don't; the dealer DOES NOT get the depreciation, the LEASING COMPANY does, and that is exactly how a lease works. I don't have to go to bankrate.com, I can go directy to Ford and build a lease. Acurately.

If one gets a new car every 2 years, stays within a set amount of miles, and has no plans to modify the car...leasing sometimes works out to be a better deal than buying (check lease vs buy calculators). This often depends on the vehicle and how much they depreciate. With that said, you are getting bent over either way, due to the insane rate at which a new car depreciates the first year.
Your problem is you're thinking like a long term owner so leasing makes no sense to you. But if you want a new car every few years leasing does make sense. Open your mind to different ways of thinking.
I just bought a 2007 GT with 23k miles, a Roush blower, and a host of suspension mods in *Flawless* condition for $19k (paid cash). Once used 2012's start flooding the market, I will likely look into a used 2011. By that time, 2011's will be less than 25k from a private party..ill sell my 2007, raid my 'auto fund' and pay cash for it. I wouldn't doubt I could likely even find a 2011 with a Roush or Whipple blower within that price range..give or take. Then I'll keep that car for a good 5+ years. :) Anywho, the point is, one can pay cash for vehicles via the process of finding a decent deal, keeping an 'auto fund' and 'trading up' as well as avoid *insane* losses by purchasing slightly used vehicles. Just think of all the $$ most people have thrown down the drain over their lifetimes via financing charges on their vehicles and 1st year depreciation

That is not going to happen, Ford is intentionally keeping production low on Mustangs to enhance their value and keep profits up on the dealer end.

• Sponsors (?)

Your problem is you're thinking like a long term owner so leasing makes no sense to you. But if you want a new car every few years leasing does make sense. Open your mind to different ways of thinking.

That is not going to happen, Ford is intentionally keeping production low on Mustangs to enhance their value and keep profits up on the dealer end.

I've leased before, it's not for me. I don't buy/lease a new car every few years for the reasons stated in this thread. No matter which way you slice it, you will always be hit with the 1st year depreciation of any said vehicle.

2011's are already hitting the market :) There are 300 with manual transmissions on autotrader at the moment and a few in the $25-26k range with 5-7k miles. Give it another 12 months and they will be under 25k. There were over 21,000 GT Coupes built in 2011, I'm sure I'll be able to fine one. :nice:

Granted, leasing is not for everyone. But if you want a new car every 2-4 years, and a lot of people do, then leasing is the way to go.

I'd agree with that, but sometimes the vehicles ppl want are not available for lease. Plus my wifes trying to put her foot down now about my addiction to driving different vehicles :shrug: so she told we whatever I get this time plan on keeping it because before I even think about another car she has to get her Tacoma :notnice: So what better choice to be stuck driving for awhile than a 5.0 :shrug:

Problem with that is, you cant lease the 5.0. Dealer told me he could lease me a 5.0 but for an astronomical amount every month, to the point where financing would be a better choice.

sgirgiss1214,

Can't wait for you to get your 'stang! Let me know if you decide to order one, and I'll track it all the way home. Just PM your order number & dealer name/state once you choose the perfect Mustang. And if you decide to take one from dealer inventory, post pics ASAP! :D

2011's are already hitting the market :) There are 300 with manual transmissions on autotrader at the moment and a few in the $25-26k range with 5-7k miles. Give it another 12 months and they will be under 25k. There were over 21,000 GT Coupes built in 2011, I'm sure I'll be able to fine one. :nice:

Hi ExpatMedic,

Saw the picture of the new-to-you Mustang in your other thread. Congrats!

Have a good afternoon, everyone!

~Natasha