I just got a stang and i got some questions?

Shibbydude529

Nov 29, 2003
hey whats up just got a 93 mustang Gt with 106,000 on the clock completely stock well i have the dynomax race bullet mufflers but there not installed yet. All of my friends are major chevy guys with camaros and novas and i jsut want to be able to show them up i was wondering if i should start working on my motor or just save up for the Gt-40 crate motor with 345hp anything you guys say will be greatly appreciated thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It matter's what years their cars are and what they are running. I wouldn't recommend buying the GT40 crate motor unless you are doing a carb setup. I think for that price you can get a decent supercharger and get a decent port job on your heads. See Tmoss.

I agree with Mackey.. That motors not the best, your better off buying a DSS 306 or something else.. But I would go with the supercharger like he said much more fun let me tell ya... I was in the same place you are right now when i got my car 4 years ago.. i wanted to do an engine but instead went the blower route.. But now i'm selling it to build a motor and get a bigger blower :D If you have questions about superchargers just ask.. theres alot of great guys here that know alot about them just ask :nice:

Another vote for now Gt-40 Crate motor's. I just dont see why people go with these when people like DSS and CHP deliver a much better product in my eyes. An AFR headed 306 will kill the gt-40 and cost about the same.

First of all welcome to the site.

I also vote against the GT40 crate, But it is a decent motor. If you are not limited on funds you could go with a DSS 331 with AFR 185's and s/c and throw down some pretty good power. Eventually thats the setup i want to go with.

There is a big difference between Advertized HorsePower and Rear Wheel Horse Power. Rear Wheel Horse Power is Real World Horse Power, either way it is RWHP and that is what you want to build.

I know when I got my Mustang, flipping through the magazines trying to figure what to buy. I was kind of dissapointed when I started looking on this site and found out what really builds RWHP, and how false the advertisers' claims are. However, who cares what RWHP you are putting down, as long as your having fun, that is all that counts. I guess what I am trying to say is, read these boards and learn. Look in the reviews section and read what others say before buying that product, that what I do and am pretty happy with my setup.