I just want it 1" longer!!!

bloopbloob

Sep 27, 2006
Alberta
heheheh. Just wondering how much difference UD pullies make in belt length? Do i get it shorter or longer with UD? I thought i had this figured out and did some searching on here, but i've gotten both answers from people on here. I'm using a FRPP a/c delete (moves p/s pump up), bypassing and removing the smog pump, and installing U/D pullies (but not the alternator pully). From what i gather, about 73.5'' is where i should start (without UD's). So what lengths should buy? Can anyone help clarify this for me?

• Sponsors (?)

Anybody!!? anything? i'm going to be doing this work in about 2 hours, and i'll be over an hour from the nearest part store! i'd like to have a couple belts on hand...
Underdrive pullies would increase the length of belt i'd need or decrease? They are larger diameter than stock pullies??

I got underdrives inst and the stock belt was way to long. I aslo have smog removed. So all I run is a/c power, steering, water, alt and crank. I had to get a smaller belt. My tensioner is new and pushed down so hard that my other belt rubbed against each other. Here is the autozone belt that I use. duralast 755K6 this should put you in the ball park of where you need to be. Try it and then go up or down one depending on your need.