I know this ? has been asked alot.

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Ok i want to buy a cam for my 85 GT im going to be using a set of AFR 165 heads...Edelbrock performer rpm air gap intake...and im still confused on what cam to go with the TFS stage 1 or the E-303 I do want a nice somewhat of a lopey idle with good power results so what cam would you go with....The car has Mac long tubes..Mac off road H-pipe and the Mac 2-1/2 cat back with 3 inch tips...Im going to be installing a set of 373's and running nitrous too...either a 100 to 150 shot....So any opinions what be great thanks.....

• Sponsors (?)

2a8kq2q.gif

I'd go with the TFS stage 1, or if you want a little more rumble, the stage 2. Either cam should work pretty good for your setup. What do you have for a carb?

I'd go with the TFS stage 1, or if you want a little more rumble, the stage 2. Either cam should work pretty good for your setup. What do you have for a carb?

Im running a edelbrock 650 AVS set up with a m6904 carter fuel mech fuel pump..its rated at 6 psi and 120 gph....if i have to i will go either a booster pump or a holley blue type pump...for more fuel...Plus i am going to be installing Nitrous too.....So thats why i want a cam that works with n20 and has some punch on just motor too...

A custom camshaft would be your best bet.

I see two choices:

TFS-1 (budget) or custom camshaft (I paid $325 for mine to match the AFR 165's, etc. that I had).

It was well worth it from Ed.

Custom is an opition...Is the TFS stage 1 a good sounding cam with decent power? I did a search here it seems like alot of people use it i see alot of people use the TFS stage 2 also....Any other opinions...?