I Know This Is A Stupid Question But?

• Sponsors (?)

thanks

the reason i asked is because i had a BBK cold air fenderwell mount and many different magazines such as MUSCLE MUSTANGS AND FAST FORDS have said in their forums that a fenderwell mount actually hurts power rather than help it due to the bend before the mass air. Now with that said it also said going back to the stock air box and removing the SNORKEL lol would make 2-5 more RWHP over the BBK setup. Anyway thanks again.. I have a 01 GT 5 speed Steeda Underdrive pulleys, Tri-Ax shifter and Steeda upper control arms are my upgrades as of yet. I am running a 9.012 in the 1/8 at 75mph.. Sorry only 1/8 track around here. :flag:

jms281gt said:
well maybe so. so now instead of snorkel it is a silencer. so the silencer is what connects the airbox to the fenderwell? yes no?
Yes. The snorkel is the silencer. It leads to the airbox. I've personally never had problems w/ my intake, though it sits in the fenderwell. But how would I know. I took everything stock off except MAF & TB & replaced it w/ Mac Cold Air. I never really attempted to mess w/ the stock intake.