I made 500rwhp!!

Finally got my car weighed and tuned. I have had a safe tune for breakin which was running rich with very slack timing. After tuning I have all the information I need and I am ready for the track!

Weight(with my heavy 220lb ass in the car and 1/2 tank of fuel):
3407 with 52.1% front weight and 50.2% crossweight

Car made 498rwhp with only spinning to 6000rpm. It is a hydraulic roller so I saw no need to spin it higher.

Very happy
YouTube - The Mustang On its final dyno pull of the day

Dyno_Mustang.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

please remind those of us whose memories aren't so great anymore ... what are the highlights of your combo?

The weak point of the whole combo is the block. Pulled from a late 70's f150 it is a 351w block. Scat 9000 stroker crank (408w), eagle h-beam rods, slightly ported victor jr. heads, xtreme energy retro fit hydraulic roller cam (custom grind to have have a bit more duration), comp roller rockers, probe flat top pistons (11:1 compression), accel dfi 1200cfm throttle body, and a stande alone engine control unit.

That feeds through a centerforce clutch to a TKO600 transmission through an aluminum driveshaft which splits through 3.73 gears on a detriot trutrac diff and finally through a set of hardened axles.

I documented everything in an album which you can feel free to look through. The pics are newest to oldest.
Slow 50 pictures by lsiegfried408w - Photobucket

Wow.. Looking at the numbers and the curve you should have spun it harder. Looks like that cam is designed to make power at higher rpms. If you would have gone up to 6200-6500 you would have peaked past 500 easily.

And you have a super unique setup! I like! I always wondered about the pro-flow2 systems or the equivilants. Are they pretty easy to tune? The individual coils per cylinder look like they would be very effective too. How did you tie them in?

Between your radiator and intake im guessing you have like over 250 dollars in just AN fittings!!! lol. Ur the first mustang on here i have seen with the MSD alternator system too. How do you like that? I was looking at them then decided 500 dollars for an alternator and stuff to make it work wasn't worth it to me.

Wow.. Looking at the numbers and the curve you should have spun it harder. Looks like that cam is designed to make power at higher rpms. If you would have gone up to 6200-6500 you would have peaked past 500 easily.

And you have a super unique setup! I like! I always wondered about the pro-flow2 systems or the equivilants. Are they pretty easy to tune? The individual coils per cylinder look like they would be very effective too. How did you tie them in?

Between your radiator and intake im guessing you have like over 250 dollars in just AN fittings!!! lol. Ur the first mustang on here i have seen with the MSD alternator system too. How do you like that? I was looking at them then decided 500 dollars for an alternator and stuff to make it work wasn't worth it to me.

It is a unique setup which is why I am N/A for now. I have tuned before but this was the first time I set it all up from the ground up. The ECU is a Vipec V44, ViPEC Engine Management - Main Page, and once I got a base setup on the tune was very easy. Especially once I got it on a load dyno. This individual coils make crazy spark! I was checking for spark so I pulled one off to arc to my cylinder head and it was sparking a thick bright spark over 4 or 5 inches!

The alternator is just a single wire powermaster alternator. I am not familiar with "the MSD alternator system". As for the AN fitting it would have been alot but I was crew chief for an ARCA West Race Team last year and they had fitting laying around that they didn't need anymore. Definitely overkill but so money lol.

During my next engine rebuild I plan to upgrade to a dart block and drop my compression in the engine. I would like to build a sheet metal intake and put a big whipple charger on it since every other 408w has a distributor in the way!!

Cheers

I ran the LS1 coils with a AEM EMS. After lots of timing error issues i went to this setup to only have 6 coils firing. They wanted me to buy a new EMS (after we spent weeks troubleshooting it to the EMS and not my wiring). I tapped out and bought a diff EMS that works just fine with a dizzy.

Car has no timing errors now, and went quicker than it ever dreamed with the AEM.