i made a gass puddle in the gas station

lordhell

Jun 16, 2003
Miami Beach
:shrug: guys, i was having this hestitation problem, the car made loud detonation from time to time, and when i floored it it will just feel nasty. i took it to the performance shop and they imediately said it was the fuel pump and replaced my stock for a 255lph walbro f/p. I drove the car back home and it felt great, no problems at all, i went out later and the car hestitated a little bit i think its while the fuel pump breaks in... ok so i stopped at a gas station and i filled up the thank, i put 1 extra dollar (as usual) when it stopped and i saw it started leaking so i stopped, i went into my knees and look underneath the car to my surprise the fuel tank was leaking a ot but i mean ALOT of gas, i put the car in neutral and moved from there, the leaking decreased and eventually stopped. I started the car and drove back home with no problems. What do you guys think may the problem be? do you think it is constat? or just while the f/p breaks in.. i dont know... please comment and advice. Thank You

• Sponsors (?)

I had this problem on a 98 gt when they replaced my fuel pump. there is a pipe that goes into the tank from where where you put the gas into the tank to the actual tank. There is a rubber gasket there they did not have the part in stock so they tried to reuse the old one. When I filled up my tank up past the line going into the tank it leaked all over. Once it fell below the line it was ok. I had to get a new gasket installed and it fixed the problem. I would not drive the car if its still leaking .