I might be buying a 97 GT guys!

mustangman70

Founding Member
Dec 30, 2001
St pete, Florida
I will try and post up some pics, this is my first time venturing into the 4.6 world :banana:

I have the money for this car in my hand. Its a 97 GT 5 speed. Im going to test drive it tomorrow. But anyways, this is the mod list he says has been done. The car is 9,000....

97 Ford Mustang GT, fully loaded. (Leather, power driver seat, AM/FM CD player, w/ 10 disc in trunk, power windows, power locks, tinted windows, keyless entry w/alarm)

MODS:
99 GT head swap ported and polished
Eibach Sport Line springs
Cobra R rims, 17x9 front, 17x11 in the rear with Kumho 245/45/17 (front) and 275/55/17 (rear)
BBK shorty headers
BBK off-road X pipe with 40 series Flow Masters
Cobra RR hood
Cobra front bumper with fog lights
BBK short throw shifter
3:73's gears
cross drilled rear rotors
03' cobra 13 inch rotors 2 piston caliper brakes in the front
new A/C compressor complete kit
BBK cold air intake with K&N
new performance radiator
computer has been programmed for 24lb injectors and a 24lb MAF sensor. full AutoMeter gauges (Monster tach w/shift light, oil pressure, water tempature, air/fuel mix),
white faced stock gauge cluster
saleen polished racing pedals.
side_2

side

front

inside

gauges

wing

That wing would be gone the day i bought it :nonono:

What track times would this thing pull and should I be careful...because its fishy at such a low price?

• Sponsors (?)

What a BEAUTIFUL wing. :not: How could anyone give the car those performance upgrads and then go put that wing on it.

Not too bad a price considering the mods. A stock 97 sells about 8k here. He probably want s to get out from under a note or needs some quick cash.

Red mustang Gt 46 said:
As a precaution, does he/she have proof of the engine work stated (head swap)? I've seen too many people purchase a car with stated engine rebuilds or work only to find out later that there wasn't ***** done to it....Just FYI....I would lose the wing:)

:stupid: Get documentation that headwork has actually been done to the car and get any other documentation you can down to even oil change intervals if possible. Look the car over carefully. Check for exhuast, fuel, transmission, differential, oil, and coolant leaks. Check the transmission fluid for metal grit and make sure all fluids are in decent condition. I'de also ask to take the car for a test drive before purchasing and make sure its ok and nothing is wrong with it. Be sure to look for the SES light and listen for any odd noises that would indicate a problem.