I miss my Mustang :(

Dragstr05

Dec 21, 2004
Stafford VA
Nearly a pointless thread here. Kind of a vent, but also a good warning to those of you thinking about selling.

A little background. Back in 2005, I was working PT at a local Lincoln-Mercury dealer my senior year in high school. Shortly before I graduated, there was a 2000 Performance Red with grey leather interior, 5spd, 62k on the clock traded in. My Mom's boyfriend at the time bought it mainly for me, though I actually thought he was going to drive it. Over the next year or so, I slowly ended up driving it and paying half the payment, and eventually took over the payments completely.

It was my dream car through and through almost. And slowly ended up with a bunch of mods, alot of maintenance, and a hell of alot of miles. I traded it in this past may just shy of 150k. I traded it in with mach chin and grille delete, smoked headlamps, 35% tint all around, mach seats, speedhut overlays, tri-ax shifter, 4.10 gears, o/r H, flows, FULL 10th anniv cobra brake upgrade and SS lines, 17x9 OEM chrome cobra wheels with almost new BFG rubber and a K&N drop in also with the SCT Xcal 3 along for the ride. Ran high 13's at the 1/4 and was a blast to drive. I *thought* I was growing out of the car and wanted something more practical with the intent of getting another stang down the road.

I picked up a 02' IS300 with E-shift auto. I've always liked them, and my interest really spiked since working on the toyota product for the past 3 years. It's slow, but handles nice, rides great and gets far better gas mileage. All the maintenance is now completely up to date and its turn key every day with zero issues. Heated leather seats, navigation, full power. Sporty comfort and exactly what I was looking for.

Now I wonder if I made the right choice. I'm regretting it big time. I want to pick up a clean low mileage 03/04 cobra torch red coupe, but that probably wont be for a year or two. Just hope I can make it through without going crazy.

End of my vent. Hopefully, this helps some of you in your decision. Haven't been on these boards in a while, but when I was there was an awfull lot of "should I sell my car" threads. I'd like to think that MAYBE I can stop someone from making a decision they will later regret.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

If you are truely in the market, take your time in looking for the car you want, not making a car into the one you want. October/November & December are the months when Mustang prices are at their lowest. There are a few very nice Terminators in my area that I would love to jump into. But I have had my '99 for almost 5 years now, that I'm starting to think I would miss it should I trade it in even if my GT has less power, more mileage and is a 'vert. Really sit down and think about it.

I regret selling my '91 Camaro. Did a SBC swap in place of the 305 and didn't upgrade the trans, so when the trans took a dump, I just sold it for what I had in it..

20160414_140711.jpg
20160513_213104.jpg
Nearly a pointless thread here. Kind of a vent, but also a good warning to those of you thinking about selling.

A little background. Back in 2005, I was working PT at a local Lincoln-Mercury dealer my senior year in high school. Shortly before I graduated, there was a 2000 Performance Red with grey leather interior, 5spd, 62k on the clock traded in. My Mom's boyfriend at the time bought it mainly for me, though I actually thought he was going to drive it. Over the next year or so, I slowly ended up driving it and paying half the payment, and eventually took over the payments completely.

It was my dream car through and through almost. And slowly ended up with a bunch of mods, alot of maintenance, and a hell of alot of miles. I traded it in this past may just shy of 150k. I traded it in with mach chin and grille delete, smoked headlamps, 35% tint all around, mach seats, speedhut overlays, tri-ax shifter, 4.10 gears, o/r H, flows, FULL 10th anniv cobra brake upgrade and SS lines, 17x9 OEM chrome cobra wheels with almost new BFG rubber and a K&N drop in also with the SCT Xcal 3 along for the ride. Ran high 13's at the 1/4 and was a blast to drive. I *thought* I was growing out of the car and wanted something more practical with the intent of getting another stang down the road.

I picked up a 02' IS300 with E-shift auto. I've always liked them, and my interest really spiked since working on the toyota product for the past 3 years. It's slow, but handles nice, rides great and gets far better gas mileage. All the maintenance is now completely up to date and its turn key every day with zero issues. Heated leather seats, navigation, full power. Sporty comfort and exactly what I was looking for.

Now I wonder if I made the right choice. I'm regretting it big time. I want to pick up a clean low mileage 03/04 cobra torch red coupe, but that probably wont be for a year or two. Just hope I can make it through without going crazy.

End of my vent. Hopefully, this helps some of you in your decision. Haven't been on these boards in a while, but when I was there was an awfull lot of "should I sell my car" threads. I'd like to think that MAYBE I can stop someone from making a decision they will later regret.

I know this post is 6 years old but believe or not I ended up with your stang. Someone on youtube video asked about the gauges and how to, so I searched Google and bam came across your write up. I saw the red hood in that 1st picture and was like no f'n way. Then saw the mileage at 144,xxx and the placement of the switch you mentioned. Then I checked last owner on the carfax was from Stafford VA which matched your profile. I live in MD and found it at a little dealership in VA. The car had 149,xxx when I bought it and now has 173,xxx. Now after reading this I know for sure it's the same car because the car had everything mentioned. I myself just sold the car on last friday for $4,500 and almost having second thoughts :( If you don't mind me asking what did the guy give you for trade in?.. I paid $5,950 in 2010. I kept everything you did to the car as all the upgrades were very tasteful and added more mods. The only problem I ever had was the intake cracked but I replaced it with the upgraded aluminum cross over one. Here is a link to a youtube video i made of what the car looks like now
View: https://youtu.be/Pug0jKdz-Ow
I'm really going to miss her but it was just sitting in my driveway since I had my son. I hope you get a chance to read this... small world!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
That is a small world.

Unfortunately the OP hasn't posted in 5 years, so you might want to try sending him a direct PM/email instead if he's logged an email with the site that is up to date