I need a new rear bumper cover which one...

94YellowStang

Nov 12, 2004
Hayden, AL
I got in a wreck tonight, some guy rearended me and crushed the corner of the rear bumper cover.I guess it might be a good thing, I need to find a new cover (saleen or others) post some places to buy from and ideas on which cover i should get.

• Sponsors (?)

Unless your going to get a saleen, roush, stalker, etc complete body kit, I'd just stick with the stock bumper. Having one of thoes listed bumpers would look way too out of place with the rest of the body stock.

Just got a estimate today for $900 in repairs,needs bumper cover, support bar, reenforcement bumper and pad, and paint/labor for the bumper cover.

I guess keeping it cheap would be best and just buy a new cover and get it painted.If i ever sell the car later i can always go back and buy a new renforcement bumper and support bar.

I got a new qoute for $1600 because the quarter panel has some slight damage and needs painted and repaired and got a price for a new tailpipe that has a scratch about 6inch long on the top of the tip $130.

I'm gonna get a few other parts painted like the front bumper and the other quarter panel that has a few dings in it, taillights paint black and mirrors painted bodycolor maybe.

Post was edited due to gmkillr's post :D

I like the looks of the stock rear bumper even compared to the aftermarket ones. I have a Cervinis front w/ the stock rear bumper and I think it looks pretty cool. I still need side skirts though.

I also vote stock v6 or aftermarket cover, then get a 99+ GT badge for the trunk...

Spend the isnurance $$ on a new hood or something... Maybe even look into some of the body kits on ebay for like $500 for front/rear bumpers and side skirts...

94YellowStang said:
bought me a bumper cover, bumper with the foam for $130 which will give me more left over money in the end after the car is fixed.I got a new qoute for $1600 because the quarter panel has some slight damage and needs painted and repaired and got a price for a new tailpipe that has a scratch about 6inch long on the top of the tip $130 but im gonna keep the money on that also.

In the end the guys insurance will have to pay $1600 and reapirs for everything are $900 so I get to pocket the other $700 and get a few other parts paint like the front bumper and the other quarter panel that has a few dings in it, taillights paint black and mirrors painted bodycolor maybe,then I'll see whats left over after all that. Sorry for it being so long just thought id share this.

Im a insurance agent and my job is to research insurance fraud and turn it in to my superiors. Im sorry but im gonna have to turn you in buddy, you shouldnt be here on the internet blabing about how your gonna pocket all this ins. $$

BTW, Im just kidding, but you should be careful, you never know who reads these forums. Good luck on getting your car fixed, hope it all turns out ok. :nice:

gmkillr said:
Im a insurance agent and my job is to research insurance fraud and turn it in to my superiors. Im sorry but im gonna have to turn you in buddy, you shouldnt be here on the internet blabing about how your gonna pocket all this ins. $$

BTW, Im just kidding, but you should be careful, you never know who reads these forums. Good luck on getting your car fixed, hope it all turns out ok. :nice:

Well thanks,everything could be fixed for the est. but i like to save money if i can. :D Congrats on your baby.

WhiteDevil said:
See if they can fill in the bumper letters with black paint, it looks real nice. I have the black decal inserts and i love them and they look great with the black tail lights.

I was going to ask them that sounds like it might be alot of extra work to tape it off I dunno,guess i'll find out when i talk to the painter.

What should I do about my mirrors paint them or dont paint them.My car is green if that matters