I Need Alot Of Advice

hey i am 17 and i got my 5 speed 2002 black convertible gt for christmas, i have loved mustangs for ever and i love my car, i already have the convertible light bar, and i just got brand new real chrome saleen rims, 18x9 in front and 18x10 in back, but now i need tires, i was wondering if 295 or 285 would fit in the back without rubbing and would 255 fit in front??, but i also have been looking to get a new shifter, i hear a lot about the steeda tri-ax?? should i get that?? and does anyone else have any ideas of what to do to my 2002 gt please i need suggestions??

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guy, I think the tires you mentioned will fit, but am not real sure. As far as the tri-ax goes, get it. It is a really great shifter. As far as other mods, do the usual bolt ons ie., exhaust, pulleys, timing adjuster, k&n air filter. The list goes on. Just look at some of the sigs on here and you'll get the idea of what to do. Good luck.

sweet car man, i bet you're loving it. A 255 is a perfect tire for the front..much wider and you will start to notice the car steering when you hit ridges in the road....I think that really starts with 275 up front...on my dads stang, thats what happened. Def. get the Tri-ax between that and my magnapacks, i don't which was my favorite mod....they really changed the car.

Pullies a waste?????

Hi, I read in the 5.0 magazine, as did many others Im sure about taking a 2000 GT and doing 1 mod at a time, then dynoing the car. I thought this was a great article. The publication was out 2 months ago, and had a grey late model GT on the cover.
Anyway, they dynoed the pullies and got <1 HP net!! Whats the deal?? Everyone seems to like pullies, but do they really work. If I did them I wouldnt do the alt. pulley due to stereo and ac issues. Maybe the new torque it the sotp power most are realizing?? Also 5.0 said Ford has become more aggresive with their own pullies which is true. Dont believe everything you read, but the guy doing the dyno seemed credible and other mods faired better than I thought that he tested. Pro-m mass air did well for a bolt on. T-body 70, 0r 75 did not. The key is doing things together and going for exponential gains I think!

Ive never delt with a Tri Ax....But I know my Pro 5.0 is awesome.......

As far as the pullies go I read all that too, but i put steedas on my car when it was young, and I felt a little bit of power.......

Dave