I Need Bloggers!!!

I don't know if that's a generational thing, or just that people are only interested in what pertains to them in the exact moment. But just like mike said, what's popular and what's sought after is "shortys or longtubes", "what letter cam with my GT40 heads"
Thats exactly correct. Most people aren't doing "builds" they're just trying to get up and running.

• Sponsors (?)

Thats exactly correct. Most people aren't doing "builds" they're just trying to get up and running.
You are telling me that you can't google either of those two tech questions and get a dozen different solutions at this moment ?

Tech is tech. We have a half dozen individuals that haunt the tech threads ready and willing to offer help to any that inquire.

I see a blog as a commentary, or perspective based on the writers beliefs/ experiences.
Maybe based on what they have done, or want to do. i.e. Somebody recounting what it's like to drive a Fox body 2000 miles on a mecca to SEMA is what I'm talkin' about.
( My personal objective for the G.M., kinda a "back to where you came from" thing (for the car at least))
I might even stop and try to see one of those stupid lizards layin' around, travel some remaining section of RTE 66, and stop in and see the worlds' biggest ball of twine or some sh it like that.
Or more mid-stream: The trip and experience of what it's like to participate in the many week long street machine gatherings like Mustang week for even the newbs to aspire to.
The perfect tool assortment, non tech DIY techniques to help save money, junk like that is where I see a blog as being entertaining, and useful.

@madmike1157

Search results are filtered by relevance (I'm sure that you're aware). That relevance is determined by the search engine. No two are exactly alike. In the case of the example that you provided above, sure... there will destinations listed that have MANY more hits for those specific terms than Stangnet does. I would like to point out however that:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Fairmont, Inline 6 cylinder, turbocharged australian head roller cammed turbocharged fuel injected&qs=n&pq=fairmont, inline 6 cylinder, turbocharged australian head roller cammed turbocharged fuel injected&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=a033bca657ba4edab6fd1e173ce2a3e7&first=23&FORM=PORE

It does pop up. :p

Why so far down the list? Because the total number of hit for THOSE EXACT TERMS are lower here than they are other places and it gets pushed down the list by results that are considered to be more relevant by whatever algorithm is used.

You may not have any love for reading through blogs. For that matter, I don't either. I HAVE however, read several that I had come across in search of a topic or answer or other. Found them purely by mistake even... It's like when you're selling a house or a car. You don't need 100 buyers for either. You need to find that ONE that needs/wants that item and sale conditions.

Blogs are no different. Each blog is not for everyone. It needs to be relevant to whomever is doing the searching. If you're consistently indifferent to the search results that you get, then you to either:

A. Create your own search algorithm
B. Alter the way that you search for terms
C. Find a search engine that locates and filters results more like what you are expecting

I still used Alta Vista (I bet many of you guys have forgotten about it). Used properly with very specific search criteria, it's a no-muss, no-fuss, engine that's very direct with finding results and without a bunch of digital hippies filtering those results. yahoo own(s)(ed) it now. :nonono:

In my case, what brought me here was several searches on how to do disc brakes, power steering, fuel injection, etc. on my '67 "blank slate" coupe. What kept me here is the build threads, especially Jim the "horse Whisperer's" very good and detailed how tos on fastback conversions. I dream of having 4000 bucks to do that to a car one day, and I live that dream vicariously for now, through his stuff. If all the build threads were in one place, and we called them Blogs, I'd be ok with that. I'd even contribute with one that gives all the reasons (excuses?) for not getting off one's butt and doing what one wants to one's ride.

What is the difference between a blog and a thread?
I'm guessing that blogs would be non-commentable, within the bloggers posts, where a thread is open to comments?

That's a decent analogy.

I picture it like the difference between participating in a thread and commenting on a youtube video. The blog would more like what you see on youtube..

Edit:

There would be layout differences, of course. In a blog, I think you should have the ability to lay it all out like your own custom magazine page.

But yeah mad mike I do agree that when I think "blog" I think more of cometary than a "tech thread." I think the fact that it takes so long to finish a project it is going to be hard to keep very many readers attention for very long. Where as say a How to Bake a cake blog would prob draw more traffic since the blogger can churn out a new project every day.

Personally, I prefer the feedback. It tells me people are paying attention, and makes the whole thing worth the effort.
A blog w/ no feedback is equivalent to talking to yourself.

I do enough of that in the garage.

** edit, I don't talk to myself, I bitc h out the car for hurting me.