I Need Bloggers!!!

I don't think people pay attention to blogs, editorials, or any other commentary unless it hits a specific chord with them. How many of you can actually say that you read the editorial that is written at the front of your favorite car mag first?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think people pay attention to blogs, editorials, or any other commentary unless it hits a specific chord with them. How many of you can actually say that you read the editorial that is written at the front of your favorite car mag first?
"Yo Ken" is ok but as far as the rest of MM and Ff's that I subscribe to pretty much sucks. 1,000 horsepower "street cars" and such, nothing that I can relate to. But you did hit the nail on the head as far as no one reads unless it strikes a chord and one can relate. I suppose that's with every form if media really. Would you be on Stangnet if you weren't interested in Mustangs?

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, you don't wanna go there with MY mom. She'd kick your ass. She's Scots-Irish Don'tyaknow.
I remember vividly, not getting in fights in the pits at the local short track because no one wanted to mess with my mother. Not that I ever backed down from a fight if it happened...:fight:

Yours and mine must be sisters. :shrug:

They do when they're brought here by the likes of Google, Bing, Yahoo, or any other search engine that finds terms like "Ford, Mustang, Kenn Bell, Windsor, 302, 347,etc, etc, etc,".

Reactions: 1 users
"Yo Ken" is ok but as far as the rest of MM and Ff's that I subscribe to pretty much sucks. 1,000 horsepower "street cars" and such, nothing that I can relate to. But you did hit the nail on the head as far as no one reads unless it strikes a chord and one can relate. I suppose that's with every form if media really. Would you be on Stangnet if you weren't interested in Mustangs?
But,........I don't have a mustang.:shrug:

They do when they're brought here by the likes of Google, Bing, Yahoo, or any other search engine that finds terms like "Ford, Mustang, Kenn Bell, Windsor, 302, 347,etc, etc, etc,".
Yes, again because they're looking for specifics related to their search.

Hmm,...I wonder what happens when you type:

Fairmont, Inline 6 cylinder, turbocharged, australian head, roller cammed, turbocharged, fuel injected.

hummm humm hummm

Lets see:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEEQFjAE&url=http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?155706-The-path-less-traveled-1978-Turbo-I6-Futura-(The-Gila-Monster)/page3&ei=AYGWU4HVKMipyASY9IHwDg&usg=AFQjCNFkWlCm4R6YaM1otBPHw5miwIqgfw&sig2=AeUmMFmQd36AHqtrxq0hMA&bvm=bv.68445247,d.aWw

No mention of it here though.

Fairmont, Inline 6 cylinder, turbocharged, australian head, roller cammed, turbocharged, fuel injected.

hummm humm hummm

Lets see:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEEQFjAE&url=http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?155706-The-path-less-traveled-1978-Turbo-I6-Futura-(The-Gila-Monster)/page3&ei=AYGWU4HVKMipyASY9IHwDg&usg=AFQjCNFkWlCm4R6YaM1otBPHw5miwIqgfw&sig2=AeUmMFmQd36AHqtrxq0hMA&bvm=bv.68445247,d.aWw

So in your opinion what are the cons of adding blogs to the site? More maintenance that sort of thing or because they're cheesy? What's got your goat about em?

So in your opinion what are the cons of adding blogs to the site? More maintenance that sort of thing or because they're cheesy? What's got your goat about em?
I just think that in todays' world, people only read what's relevant/important to them, and anything over a paragraph gets the reader asking for Cliffs notes.
I keep my build thread going in two different forums, here, and obviously over at FEP. I like to think that despite the body and engine differences, the rest of the junk I do will serve just about anybody working on their Mustang. I've posted updates on both forums that move to the bottom so quickly, I know that nobodies even looking at it. One would say "That's because it's a freakin futura, w/ an inline six build thread posted in a 5.0 Fox forum, stupid Larry." To which I'd say they're're right.

I don't know whether it's because of that, or because I post another volume of War and Peace when I update, because everybody thinks I'm an *******, or a combination of all of them, but I always wonder.

Maybe I'm strange that way, but I follow other build threads ( none of which are Fairmonts) because of what the guy is doing, and how he does it. I learn alot from those threads, and I steal ideas like a weasel steals eggs in chicken coops. I'd like to think that the work I post is different enough to keep somebody interested despite the non-relevance to what they own, but again, I've watched updates sink faster than the Titanic.

Lately, the engine bay smoothing, the front suspension, and the route I'm taking to cool the damn turbocharger have nothing to do w/ the fact that it's a fairmont. If one were just looking at the pics, all of the real estate surrounding the object of the pic is the exact same as any other fox.

Before you go thinking that this is just about me, it's not. I've watched all of the other thread/"blogs" pop up, and dissappear just as quickly: Scotts', Collins', Nicks', Tanners' all flash up, maybe get one comment (if that) typically from the one-two guys that do follow, and dissappear.

Seems the more high end, (Scotts, Nicks) the more obscure, ( Tanner, Collin, me) the less it's commented on.
Conversely, the more mundane, the more belly button, it gets all of the lurkers chiming in.

All of that said brings me around to the real point here.

Who would possibly want to be saddled w/ the weekly/monthly task of writing something that has to be generic enough that hasn't been done/said about a bagillion times in every car mag a dozen time over to keep the average Mustang Joe interested enough to make it worth while?

hummm humm hummm

Lets see:

Hence the usefulness of blogs. :D

I just think that in todays' world, people only read what's relevant/important to them, and anything over a paragraph gets the reader asking for Cliffs notes.
I keep my build thread going in two different forums, here, and obviously over at FEP. I like to think that despite the body and engine differences, the rest of the junk I do will serve just about anybody working on their Mustang. I've posted updates on both forums that move to the bottom so quickly, I know that nobodies even looking at it. One would say "That's because it's a freakin futura, w/ an inline six build thread posted in a 5.0 Fox forum, stupid Larry." To which I'd say they're're right.

I don't know whether it's because of that, or because I post another volume of War and Peace when I update, because everybody thinks I'm an *******, or a combination of all of them, but I always wonder.

Maybe I'm strange that way, but I follow other build threads ( none of which are Fairmonts) because of what the guy is doing, and how he does it. I learn alot from those threads, and I steal ideas like a weasel steals eggs in chicken coops. I'd like to think that the work I post is different enough to keep somebody interested despite the non-relevance to what they own, but again, I've watched updates sink faster than the Titanic.

Lately, the engine bay smoothing, the front suspension, and the route I'm taking to cool the damn turbocharger have nothing to do w/ the fact that it's a fairmont. If one were just looking at the pics, all of the real estate surrounding the object of the pic is the exact same as any other fox.

Before you go thinking that this is just about me, it's not. I've watched all of the other thread/"blogs" pop up, and dissappear just as quickly: Scotts', Collins', Nicks', Tanners' all flash up, maybe get one comment (if that) typically from the one-two guys that do follow, and dissappear.

Seems the more high end, (Scotts, Nicks) the more obscure, ( Tanner, Collin, me) the less it's commented on.
Conversely, the more mundane, the more belly button, it gets all of the lurkers chiming in.

Who would possibly want to be
saddled w/ the weekly/monthly task of writing something that has to be generic enough that hasn't been done/said about a bagillion times in every car mag a dozen time over
to keep the average Mustang Joe interested enough to make it worth while?
I don't know if that's a generational thing, or just that people are only interested in what pertains to them in the exact moment. I guess I come from the same school of thought as you in that I just read and read everything I come across. Not because it actually fits what I'm building but so much of car building can be translated between brands, sides,colors, builds ect.
I, for one, would LOVE a blog that covers different parts, techniques, set-ups, comparisons between cars and parts. Hell I'd PAY a good bit to have that printed and laid on my doorstep. But just like mike said, what's popular and what's sought after is "shortys or longtubes", "what letter cam with my GT40 heads" and "something something flowmaster".
I'm not trying to bash anyone, we all started (and some remain) but it doesn't leave the rest of us room to grow and learn it seems.

I support the idea and I'm interested to see how it goes, but I'm already used to spinning in place on multiple forums

Who would possibly want to be saddled w/ the weekly/monthly task of writing something that has to be generic enough that hasn't been done/said about a bagillion times in every car mag a dozen time over to keep the average Mustang Joe interested enough to make it worth while?
It all comes back to the whole relativity thing. While high end builds are cool to read and go "hm" they just don't reach the masses in terms of useful information because they get too technical and yes they tend to draw on. Price point is another limiting factor as far as interest goes. I'm not going to follow something that I cannot replicate at this stage in my life. Maybe I would have when I was a young dreamer or maybe I will when I'm 60 if things turn out but for now I'll pass. One more thing to remember here big fella, questions such as "how do I fix my maf" and "what's the best cai?" are what keeps forums alive.