I need help with mods for my 2003 Mustang GT.

AFJuggalo81

Apr 18, 2004
I need help/opinions with mods for my 2003 Mustang GT.

Hello I'm new to the board and I'm looking for some opinions on some mods I'm looking to do to my 2003 Mustang GT - Automatic

CAI - BBK or MAC I'm looking to add a few extra horses for cheap and still get that modded chrome look and these are the 2 I see a lot of people getting.

Exhaust - Borla T-304 I'm looking to get that extra kick/sound that stock exhaust can't give ya know? and every Mustang and their momma has Flowmaster and Magnaflow. (Bassani X-Pipe and Headers will come later but I would still like to see your opinions on which brands to use)

Springs - Eibach I don't know if I'm gonna go with the Pro Kit or the lower Sportline.

Gears - 3.73 or 4.10 These were the 2 gears that I see most people use but now I'm seeing 4.30. I want some good gears but I don't want them to mess my car up if I take it on the highway or kill my gas mileage.

Chips - I was gonna go with Diablo Delta Chip but now I'm hearing more about this Superchip so whats your opinions on that?.

• Sponsors (?)

Gears! 4.10's! Don't forget, though, with gears you will need to have the ECU reprogramed to get you speedo right. You must do this with an auto. If I were you, I would just add a chip. this will correct the spped issue and you can have the auto reprogrammed for more agressive shifting AND advance the timing all at the same time.

CAI? There are soo many options out there.

I wouldn't get either CAI you mention unless its the new Mac without the 90* bend in front of the MAF. The BBK and the older Mac design incorporate a 90* bend that have caused many people on here headaches because it throws off the MAF readings and can cause erratic idle and overall performance. Plus, if you go to the track, the new Mac CAI and the Steeda CAI place the filter behind the passengerside headlight which takes all of 3 seconds to remove (its just held in with clips). That gives the air a nice straight shot at the filter.

CAI - WASTE OF MONEY, if you want you should get a C&L MAF instead. I also recomend the C&L intake plenum and accufab 75mm t/b. Just installed mine last week and I love the combo.

Exhaust - Magnapacks, wont regret it! Also get a prochamber or Magnaflow X.

Springs - Eibach, good choice

Gears - 4.10's are the best for street/ highway. 4.30's are too much IMO.

Chips - Superchip Microtuner, I love mine and wouldnt trade it for something else.<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->