I need help with my cooling system

nicks199050gt

Dec 31, 2004
NH
So last year I had a BM fan, it did alright but the temps would climb in heavy traffic, over the winter I purchased two twelve inch fans that were supposed to flow 2100cfm each but I just took the car out tonight and it seems to heat up much quicker in traffic than the BM did. I dont have much clearance because I have an 8 rib blower setup and the ford racing radiator. So i was wondering if I could but the BM back on and put one of the small ones in the front as a secondary pusher fan I know they would overlap a little but would that be a problem?

• Sponsors (?)

Have you made sure they both come on full tilt when they should?

I'm not a fan of larger pusher fans (esp if they overlap a puller fan's flow-path), but that's just me.

Good luck.

I have a BM Extreme fan and I'm not impressed. I was thinking of going to the dual fans but this one is supposed to move more air. I just installed a larger aluminum rad last night and now have a 1/4" between fan and s/c crank pulley where before with the stock rad it was like 3/4".

Are the dual fans narrower? The BM Extreme measures 3 7/8" thick and I really had to do some rearranging to get the clearance for the s/c pulley.

All of this and only minimal improvement over previous cooling issues. Tomorrow I install the 192* t-stat. It better flippin' work!!

91lxttrim said:
All of this and only minimal improvement over previous cooling issues. Tomorrow I install the 192* t-stat. It better flippin' work!!
For real? In your hot climate, a 192 wouldnt be my first choice, esp with the blower.

I really would run a 180*F stat - and a quality one at that (Mr Gasket, RS, et al). I just thought I'd give my unasked-for two cents before you install the stat.

If someone has the cash, a couple of Spals would fit nicely (nice thin profile) and should give very nice cooling. I'm not a big fan of some aftermarket fans, esp in the desert here.

Good luck to ya both.

HISSIN50 said:
For real? In your hot climate, a 192 wouldnt be my first choice, esp with the blower.

I really would run a 180*F stat - and a quality one at that (Mr Gasket, RS, et al). I just thought I'd give my unasked-for two cents before you install the stat.

If someone has the cash, a couple of Spals would fit nicely (nice thin profile) and should give very nice cooling. I'm not a big fan of some aftermarket fans, esp in the desert here.

Good luck to ya both.

What are 'Spals'? and do they cool better than the BM Extreme? Is there a thread for them as far as installation?

I just talked to lxwants12's and he was having problems, installed a 160* stat, then a 180*, and finally a 192* and the 192* made the biggest difference.

All your two-cents are greatly appreciated! Maybe some day we will meet locally. Some day in the winter when it is cool!