I Need Some Help PLEASE

Chris_NY

Jun 9, 2005
Guys/Gals...

I attempted to have a local exhaust shop convert my 6 to Duals and I am about at the end of my string.. I need to find/am looking for links to show this idiot that what he is trying to pedal me is bull****. Because I am at the point where I want my money back for this crap job he is trying to pass off as good work.

First as soon as I left the shop I heard clunking like I had a toolbox bumping around in my trunk or somthing. I took the car to another place and asked them to put it on the lift. What I found was that the pipes were not clearing the pumpkin and every bump I take the rear end is crushing the bran new exhaust.

When I took it back this guy made every excuse starting from..Oh you need new shocks or springs .. to how fast do you drive this car to get it to bottom out like this? ... to well I used 2.25" Pipe and there isn't enough room back there to make it work. to which I replied I can't see how when theres Gt's running around with 2.5" Pipes on them.

Most recently I told him I don't understand how there can be no room when it's been done on the GT with a larger rear end. He is telling me that the rear end on my car is the as the GT just the ring and pinion are a different size? Is this true? I don't see how it could be true if it were ...then the rear end would be able to take the same load as the larger one and I know thats not true cus that topic has been debated a million times.

I told him I know this can be done (true dual setup with flowmaster 40's and Hpipe) He answers how can you know that this car is bran new and not many ppl have even changed the exhaust on them. I told him are you kidding me? If you think thats true then you don't keep up with the cars you try to work on cus you can go online and find 500 pictures of people who have done this already.. I am so flipping mad..

Can I demand he put the stock pipes back on? (I kept them specicically for this purpose) and get my money back? I don't know how shops work or what my rights are.. and I might have to get a goddamn lawyer.

Any help would be great. I checked the Ford website but they don't show the dimensions of the rear ends there that I can see.

• Sponsors (?)

you have the right to a product that is not defective. if the crap clanks the idiot that built it should have tested it before giving you back your car.

he is liable, get your money back ro have em fix it.

typo

The rear end is diff on the GT to start, pumpkin, axles ( i believe) and the ring and pinion, everyting basically.

As far as money back, or whatever, you would have to see what the warranty is on their work.

v6 is a 7.5"
gt is a 8.8"

MSP, echo i believe, many people on here have a dual x/h pipe setup, ask them to email you some pictures that you can print out or something.

He did road test it .. but he swears it didn't do it .. so I made his dumb ass take it on the road again with me in it .. then he couldn't deny it...

I told him it had an 8.8 but his reply is they dimensions of the differential are the same size. That they are virtually the same diff with smaller ring and pinion.. I know this is BS and I let him know it ..

Hey Chris,

Didn't echo7go through something similiar when he posted the thread "Attempted to get Duals today" at the sticky portion of the V-6 tech?

I don't have time to go through and read it "Laptop Battery is Low", and I need some sleep.

Check with Echo and see what happened with his.

Jenn

I jsut went through the same scenario. It's a tight fit but can be accomplished with someone who knows how to bend pipe. The 1st wrench screwed it up royaly so we found another shop who installed our Bassanni x-pipe and custom made the driver side pipe and no issues now.

It has nothing to do with the size of the Mustang rear axle. If the mechanic is competent, it should be another day at the office.

From now on, if the work performed on our car is not satisfactory, I'm going to ask the mecahnic "Would you accept this work if it were your car?" I think they'd say no...

Good luck in either getting it fixed to your satisfaction or getting your hard earned $$$ back...

Yea thanks for the replies everyone .. after a little bit of an argument he took it back today and he redid the whole job... It looks and performs 100% better so it's all good.

Nice response .. a lot more torque at around the 4000rpm area. (accidentally chirped the tires pulling out of the place cus I didn't realize) :lol: and a huge difference IMO on the sound because he put the crossover pipe in like I had asked for in the beginning.

So it all turned out for the best .. *cheer*