I need some info from you calssic guys.

I need some info from you classic guys.

I recently started helping my dad work on his 69 coupe. We are replaing the 302 heads with 351 windsor heads, Putting in new cam and 4 barrel intake and carb.

I'm a 5.0 guy so I know little about the older flat tappet 302's.

What is the firing order of the old 302? What is the max lift that will fit with the stock 351 heads.

The last question is a little more involved. What pushrods will work. I thought the 302 rods would work, but the 302 heads are stud mount rockers and the 351 heads are pedastal mount.

Any help at all would be nice for this classic rookie.

• Sponsors (?)

Firing order is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8. Nobody can tell you max lift because there are too many variables:c.c. of new head, stock or aftermarket pistons,etc... You need to clay the pistons and turn it over by hand to measure clearance any time you install a new cam.

usedtobe 67p51d said:
please understand that I'm not flamming you and that its humor

IT's spelled c l a s s i c

LOL I didn't even notice that. Any idea about the pushrods?

I kinda figured someone would say about the pistons etc. etc. I was hoping for an idea about the valve springs themselves. Like the stock heads on a 5.0 can only take .500 lift and my AFR's can take over .600 lift.

I have no idea about the pistons. I don't even know what year the motor is. The car was originaly a 6 cylinder. When my dad bought it it had the 302 in it. Too bad really the car only has 19k miles on it.

Thanks for the help so far.