I need some of the legends opinions

JustOleJohn

Jan 7, 2013
I recently bought my first mustang and I am in love with it. Shes a beauty but the front end just looks too bland, so I have decided to get some new head lights. Thats where I need your help. I was thinking about getting some HALOS but I really don't know if they will look all that good on such a geniune looking mustang. My second set I was thinking about getting were the chrome cobra head lights. ANy thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks alot!

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0279.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0279.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0289.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0289.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Sponsors (?)

It's your car and you can do what you want but I WOULD NOT put those headlights on it. Get ya a set of the ultra clear ones and before you install them and while the old ones are out give the car a good buffing to bring the shine back to the paint. Then start putting money into the suspention

My opinion- Have car buffed, Gonna go against the grain- I perfer 96 tailights myself, Smoked headlights i agree on 100 percent and when you are ready lower it an inch. Take the big pony off the window as well. And a saleen wing. Again opinions are like .... well you know ! lol congrats nice ride!

Ok, from what I am seeing my best bet would be some nice chrome stock headlights and some '97 vertical stock tail lights. The reason I didn't put anything about buffing it is because I live back in the boonies, all my roads have mud of them or rocks or something, I have to wash my car like 4-5 times a week just too keep in clean looking. Any more ideas on what else i could do to the appearance on a future note? Also, would the stock cobra head lights not look just as good, or is that a bad thing too do? As always, thanks for all the opinions guys!

To noobz347: I do not know what a ricer is, but I take that to be a bad thing haha.

Ok, from what I am seeing my best bet would be some nice chrome stock headlights and some '97 vertical stock tail lights. The reason I didn't put anything about buffing it is because I live back in the boonies, all my roads have mud of them or rocks or something, I have to wash my car like 4-5 times a week just too keep in clean looking. Any more ideas on what else i could do to the appearance on a future note? Also, would the stock cobra head lights not look just as good, or is that a bad thing too do? As always, thanks for all the opinions guys!

Move somewhere with pavement or move to the F-350 forum LOL.

To noobz347: I do not know what a ricer is, but I take that to be a bad thing haha.
ricerlogo.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
A ricer is a term that can reflect a lot of things you see on smaller engine cars, they're like.
Mazda-RX-7 (well most mazdas)
Toyota Supra or Celica
BMW m3?

They are usually an inch off the ground, have a massive spoiler and have euro lights.
They're usually turboed since they have smaller engines too and are also light weight.

I love clear corners for headlights.
changing the tail lights. Well like everyone said, leave them be.
My only possible suggestion for tails are the 96-98 w/descending lights relay. Since the vertical lights on a mustang are classic, and the descending turn signal is just cool.

and finally, this is the 5.0 Foxbody forum section; not that I care, posting in this section always gets better response.

But there is a separate tab for 94-95s.:p

A ricer is a term that can reflect a lot of things you see on smaller engine cars, they're like.
Mazda-RX-7 (well most mazdas)
Toyota Supra or Celica
BMW m3?

They are usually an inch off the ground, have a massive spoiler and have euro lights.
They're usually turboed since they have smaller engines too and are also light weight.

I love clear corners for headlights.
changing the tail lights. Well like everyone said, leave them be.
My only possible suggestion for tails are the 96-98 w/descending lights relay. Since the vertical lights on a mustang are classic, and the descending turn signal is just cool.

and finally, this is the 5.0 Foxbody forum section; not that I care, posting in this section always gets better response.

But there is a separate tab for 94-95s.:p

Wooo dude. I don't think i'd consider a Whankel engine rice, nor would i consider turbos rice, especially not the two combined.

Originally, rice was a derogatory racial term labeling Japanese imports. The term rice burner didn't even come from the import tuner scene, it originated back in the '70s when the first Japanese imports came overseas. It only recently (the last 10 years or so) that the term ricer became so popular, due to the boom of the import tuner scene. Since then the term has steered away from the racial reference and more towards anything on a car that is seen as more go and less show, like huge spoilers on cars that don't need down force, or those stick on Walmart fender port holes, face scoops, neon license plate brackets, tuner stickers, poorly designed and manufactured body kits..etc. There are plenty ricer things that come on factory Mustangs, like the face side scoops and fake hood scoops that don't add hood clearance or take in air. We consider them trade marks of the Mustang look, but if you follow the definition of rice, they're rice.

Anymore though, on the internet, rice is anything that one person doesn't like about another person's car.

Reactions: 1 user
Wooo dude. I don't think i'd consider a Whankel engine rice, nor would i consider turbos rice, especially not the two combined.

Originally, rice was a derogatory racial term labeling Japanese imports. The term rice burner didn't even come from the import tuner scene, it originated back in the '70s when the first Japanese imports came overseas. It only recently (the last 10 years or so) that the term ricer became so popular, due to the boom of the import tuner scene. Since then the term has steered away from the racial reference and more towards anything on a car that is seen as more go and less show, like huge spoilers on cars that don't need down force, or those stick on Walmart fender port holes, face scoops, neon license plate brackets, tuner stickers, poorly designed and manufactured body kits..etc. There are plenty ricer things that come on factory Mustangs, like the face side scoops and fake hood scoops that don't add hood clearance or take in air. We consider them trade marks of the Mustang look, but if you follow the definition of rice, they're rice.

Anymore though, on the internet, rice is anything that one person doesn't like about another person's car.
I personally don't have anything against a rotary engine, I think the idea is pretty neat, I would drive a mazda-7, and I sure as hell would turbo a car. I have a love for all good looking, fast cars, and am not bias:p or putting down a method of engine, or people who boost cars.

Just there's a common stereotype that goes with the word when it's said(in today). I was focusing on the euro lights on a mustang. I had them for a while, and realized it really doesn't make sense...also they weren't street legal. If I had the money I would own all three cars I listed, and my 95 GT. :D

but sadly I don't, boost is expensive, the good looking Mazdas are expensive, supras are extremely expensive, and a celica will never perform to my standard.

and quick story!
I use to have this friend who had a mustang v6, described it as rice by the way it sounded, and then crashed it all to hell into a nice 2012 camaro. Then got a 5 cylinder chevy truck and called it a ricer. I wouldn't exactly say he was using the word right, but it's a pretty diverse term, now-a-days.