I need some REAL help guys...

poneypower89

Now everyone in the world will know I wanna bang t
Dec 6, 2004
Indianapolis, Indiana
So the other night I get this call from a chick I used to date over a year ago. Conversation went like this:

Her: Hey, what are you doing?
Me: Nothing, just got off work.
Her: Can you come over tonight, its been a while.

Well, I don't pass up on oppurtunities like that so I jumped in the Saturn and took off.

About 10 miles from my house the saturn explodes :rolleyes: Go figure right... the gods are against me. Looks like the water pump gave out as the coolant spits out in that area as fast as I can pour it in.

Anyways, This means I had to bring the Stang out from Hibernation... and oh my freak'n god is that clutch pedal stiff. I'm talking, its taking at least 100lbs of force to get the pedal down. It feels like Im gonna break the back of my seat Im pushing so hard on it.

What can I do???

Tranny was rebuilt just 5k ago because I roasted the 3rd gear syncro. A Spec 1 clutch was installed along with a steeda adjustable quadrant.

I really need this pedal to ease up.. ALOT.

What are my options here? Im not changing out the clutch because it wasn't that stiff before I stuck the car in the garage 3 months ago. There has to be a way to fix it.

Also, does anyone know if it possible to install a hydro-clutch in these cars? :shrug: Might sound kinda stupid, but when a person can press the clutch quickly they can also row through the gears quickly..

help me out guys.

• Sponsors (?)

At least ur DD didnt blow up too frankie ! :rolleyes:

Im guessing it has something to do with the cable... but christ everything is basically new. I suppose being parked for a while the cable could lost its lubrication.. but I dunno.

But...did you get there on time???:shrug:

no way... its an hour drive and I was heading up there at like 2am.

75 bucks and a couple hours wait for the tow truck. :nonono:

Had to call her and tell her I wasn't coming and that she would have to service herself.

No way Im chancing the drive in the stang with the threat of snow every night this week :mad:

Sounds like its about to tho! My throwout bearing is chirping loudly and my pedal is shaking like MAD. Oh and my A/C clutch is rattling to death too.

MUSTANGS FTW!!!!!!!!! :mad: :D

Wow...

Isnt it sad that our old stangs are more reliable than the DDs??? :shrug:

I mean, aside from the clutch issue (and thats more of an annoyance than anything) I have no complaints about the stang. It has never failed to start and get me where I need to be (unless of course there is snow on the ground) :rolleyes: