i need some real help on a motor

stanggt00

Jul 16, 2003
baltimore md
ok guys i got 8300.00 bucks back from taxes of course i am not going to blow the whole thing on my car but i can spare about 4500 bucks on the car and i am trying to decide my best route

so i am thinking get a forged block or a blower since they are the most expensive and i have the money

the car is a daily driven car so it needs to be as close to street as possible

that sayed should i go for the blower and the stock bottom-end will hold up just fine or should i go for the forged block and just save for the blower knowing that i can get a little wild on the boost once i do get a blower

plz point me in the right direction on a forged motor and how much i should expect to buy for one
or the right blow

not looking for crazy hp 500hp is the most i will ever need or want

ps the car does have a zex nos system
and there are a crap load if bolt-on/bolt-ins i still need to get

thxs guys

• Sponsors (?)

i have been looking at vortech also and i did want the kb but its as u said out of my price range

but i am kind of split between the vortech and prochager

on the motor side shm or mph seem to have some nice motors but i am just not sure on the route

i will be pissed if i get a blower then for some reason my motor goes up

i mean if i get the forged motor at least i can spray it for the track with very little worry but with out the spray i am hehe just stock again

or its the old blow your wade on bolt-ons (headers,camms,tb.ect)

If you go motor you will have to decide what you want in the future. Nitrous and blowers really need two different bottom ends. Nitrous wants a very high compression motor. A blower requires a low compression motor. this being said the nitrous will still work well with a forged bottom end but you would probably actually lose power from where you are now if you got a low compression bottom end for future blower use. You'll have to decide. How many miles are on your motor now? that may help us determine where you should go. If it's low I would go blower and be done with it. Our bottom ends are stronger than people give them credit for. i wanted high boost levels and had higher compression and a higher mileage motor so i had three strikes against me. i had to do both. Just go blower and keep the power around 400whp and you should be fine for a few years at least.

It depends on your future plans for the car. If this is just your ride until you get something new I would go with the blower. Go ahead and get your power and by the time you wear this one out, youll be thinking about getting something new. If your planning on keeping the car...go with the block. That way when you can afford the blower you can just go straight to the big boost #'s and make some real power.

i have 63000 miles on the car my original motor died when i had an oil leak that i could not find that killed the motor

the new used motor i have in the car now had about 40k on it and its strong

so if 300-400 wheel hp is the safe range for our motor then maybe the blower is the way to go i am sure it will serve me well for a few more years dont plan on selling the car less i get a very very good price on a cobra or vette

atm my goal real is just a 11 sec car with dr or a low 12 sec car with street tires

so what blower would be best and who should i get it from