i need wiring help!

• Sponsors (?)

cruddy link. but I have the full skim from Mitchell's in front of me. I see a box called the transmission hardware uniit. I traced the wire to PCM. That is behind the right kick panel. The torque converter clutch is what makes the converter lock up at low speed. The TCC wire is brown/orange, and it goes to pin 54 on the PCM. I've never done what you're asking, but theortically if you cut that wire, then the TCC won't get a signal, therefore never locking up. The question is why is the TC doing it's own thing? Perhaps there is a bad sensor elsewhere? The TCC solenoid just runs to the PCM so some sensor from elsewhere goes to an IC in there and that tells the TCC to lock up or unlock. I don't have a skim of inside the PCM. The TCC more than likely gets signals from a multiude of sensors, not just one. Feed that into some AND gates that could be damaged. Well that is PCM problem. You could try to cut the wire from pin 54, but do it somewhere in the middle, that way you can splice it back together if it doesn't work.

thanks! i will try it when i get home. these cars have a problem with the TC soleniod in the transmission from what i've been told. you have to remove the side pan to replace it and that doesnt look like an easy job. i really dont want to drop a lot odf money into the car b/c i only paid $150 for it, but it does get a LOT better gas mileage than my other vehicles.

thanks again for the help