I ordered my Vortech SQ S Trim!

• Sponsors (?)

sheesh, clean your damn motor ;)

here is what I did for the valve cover vent. 3/8 inch fuel line to a inline 3/8 inch fuel filter to a 3/8 inch 90* barb into the powerpipe.
ValveCoverVent.jpg

intrcptrstng said:
How much did that set up cost you and what exactly is the benefit cuz i still dont understand the whole pcv thing with blowers.

inline fuel filter 7 bucks
3/8 hose 4 bucks
90* 3/8 NPT hose barb 2 bucks
I had the clamps 0 bucks

low buck fixes rule.

It pulls any pressure out of the valve cover area and back into the blower intake. It keeps the original "closed" PCV system, not letting in any unmetered air.

intrcptrstng said:
Thought i'd help ya out and post the link

Clicky

Thanks for making the link work! How did you do that? Where in NY are you?

Grover, the kit I bough comes with a filter and hose set up for the oil fill to TB line. It caps off the TB like you did and plugs into the vortech air box. Its basically the same thing you did. Your kit didnt come with this or did you buy it used? Are you running the T rex pump or just an in tank pump? Oh btw, my engine bay isnt as bad you you think, that one valve cover is dirty because I bought it from a junkyard after my stock (cleaner) one cracked after my friend tightened it too much. I think its from a lincoln. I'll see if I can clean the bay up just for you :p

Mike

GroverDill said:
inline fuel filter 7 bucks
3/8 hose 4 bucks
90* 3/8 NPT hose barb 2 bucks
I had the clamps 0 bucks

low buck fixes rule.

It pulls any pressure out of the valve cover area and back into the blower intake. It keeps the original "closed" PCV system, not letting in any unmetered air.
Grover, can you please tell us where you got the 3/8 hose and the NPT fitting. I looked in summit but they're all AN fittings with a braided fuel line of some sort. Thanks.

tunedin302 said:
Grover, can you please tell us where you got the 3/8 hose and the NPT fitting. I looked in summit but they're all AN fittings with a braided fuel line of some sort. Thanks.

Home Depot, he never said he used "braided fuel line", its just simple hot water hose from a department store.

Grn92LX said:
Thanks for making the link work! How did you do that? Where in NY are you?

Grover, the kit I bough comes with a filter and hose set up for the oil fill to TB line. It caps off the TB like you did and plugs into the vortech air box. Its basically the same thing you did. Your kit didnt come with this or did you buy it used? Are you running the T rex pump or just an in tank pump? Oh btw, my engine bay isnt as bad you you think, that one valve cover is dirty because I bought it from a junkyard after my stock (cleaner) one cracked after my friend tightened it too much. I think its from a lincoln. I'll see if I can clean the bay up just for you :p

Mike
Mike

you know I was just messing with ya. I got my blower set up used. So it didnt have that V/C vent set up. I am running a ATI propump, its just like a T rex I HIGHLY suggest you run one too. Install of the inline was simple, longest part was runing the power wire thru the car.

Tuned, I got my NPT fittings from Ace hardware :eek:

sirsureshot39 said:
Home Depot, he never said he used "braided fuel line", its just simple hot water hose from a department store.
Figured it was something simple like that, I knew it wasn't braided and I wasn't going to buy $$ braided for that setup either. Thanks for the info and hope all is well in London.

GroverDill said:
Mike

you know I was just messing with ya. I got my blower set up used. So it didnt have that V/C vent set up. I am running a ATI propump, its just like a T rex I HIGHLY suggest you run one too. Install of the inline was simple, longest part was runing the power wire thru the car.

Tuned, I got my NPT fittings from Ace hardware :eek:

Grover, long time no see on the boards. Have you dynoed that thing with the s/c? I finally made it to the track with the 418 (you were nice enough to post my engine dyno#'s). Pics here:

http://www.strokerpower.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=148&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Sorry to go off topic mike, good luck with the blower install. Keep us posted :nice:
mike.

No, its not done yet, not even close. I keep running into so many snags, its not even funny. Heres 2 of them: 1) the 90* fitting on the FMU is loose and of course you cant undo the FMU because theres a valve body inside so I have to cut that fitting off so I can unscrew it and buy a new fitting thats straight. Otherwise the FMU would be installed and mounted. 2) the vortech crank/blower pulley will not even come close to fitting because it hit my fan. Looks like I need to buy a skinnier 2 core radiator to get it to fit or somehow rig my fan up to work. Its an sn95 electric. I have a pep boys 3 core now.

Today I got my romac on and torqued the bolt to 90 ft/lbs, I got all my oil fittings on and oil lines, I got the FMU lines on and the 30lb FMU disk in. I'm basically doing what I can after work as I have time, its a 1 man show :)

Maybe friday night i'll pull an all nighter on the car and get the T rex done. I doubt i'll get much done tomorrow as I dont have much time. My main issue now is getting the crank pulley to clear the fan. Im hoping I can rig something up w/o buying a new rad.

Mike a lot of guys run the fan slightly offset to clear the pulley assembly, If you are using a 95 set-up that will be hard but it should work with another aftermarket fan. The Perma-Cool model fit our ours with the thick Ron Davis rad, it is very close at the upper hose though.

I bought a different rad hold down, which let me pull my rad as far forward as possible.

I have the black magic fan, I know its a POS, anyhow I had to mount it all the way over on the drivers side to clear. This displaced my stock coolant overflow, so I have to buy a bling bing one from ebay.

Mike dont feel bad it took me months to get my S trim in. Dont for get to run the inline pump!

%.0 the 418 sounds like a beast! I havent gotten my pile tuned yet, I just tonigt got my elec f/p and boos gauge in....

soon though. I only hope to make 450 with a nice safe fat tune.