I ordered my Vortech SQ S Trim!

• Sponsors (?)

Grn92LX said:
What about a breather? For now im running the stock vortech inlet. Maybe for xmas I might get a UPR powerpipe which is plastic. If a breather isnt recommended, how can I get it to work with the stock vortech inlet? I'm also gonna be using a pcv valve from a turbocoupe T bird/svo mustang.

So, is a breather ok or what? Or do I have to rig up something with my stock vortech inlet?

I realized theres a port on the stock vortech inlet pipe that can be tapped. I'm going to tap it and run the pcv bypass hose there.

I'm almost finished but lately I havent been working on it. No time and i'm too tired after work to work on it. Hopefully this weekend I can finish, but once i'm done im not gonna getto heavily into boost.

Grover, I saw that you dynoed. How was your a/f with 42's and no chip?

Mike

Congrats on the Vortech....... My Novi should be here tomorrow or Friday. I been rounding up parts too. Bosh 110 bypass, 1" hose, Autolite 23's, Kirban AFPR & gauge, Autometer sport comp vac/boost gauge. Still need to get the bypass fittings nad whatever else I haven't thought of yet.

There's so much stuff you gotta get after buying the blower, what a PITA.

Oh, any tips?

yes stock bottom end.

I think the 165's are more than enough for a 302.

If I were doing a 331 or 347 then I would go with the 185's

I have had no problems other than that POS black Magic fan killing itself.

PNY PWR said:
Congrats on the Vortech....... My Novi should be here tomorrow or Friday. I been rounding up parts too. Bosh 110 bypass, 1" hose, Autolite 23's, Kirban AFPR & gauge, Autometer sport comp vac/boost gauge. Still need to get the bypass fittings and whatever else I haven't thought of yet.

There's so much stuff you gotta get after buying the blower, what a PITA.

Oh, any tips?

Read the instructions to become familiarized with the overall install. You have a novi 1000 so you wont be installing a T rex pump. That saves you a lot of hassle since doing a t rex by your self is a pain in the balls. Theres so many little things involved in the install that make it a PITA. In a way I kinda wish I would have just built a n/a 347 instead, but that was gonna cost a lot to do right. Do like me and take your time with the install. I'm in no rush at all and i'm slowly working as I have time and as I feel motivated. I'm hoping to pick up a used pms soon from a guy. Then some 42lb injectors and a powerpipe. Never f'n ends :rolleyes:

Update: Wow you guys are gonna get a kick out of this :) I pulled the blower after getting fed up with a few things. I pulled the whole kit off except the T rex. I'm gonna do that when I have a chance. I decided I am gonna go the n/a route and build a stroker like I had originally planned. I am selling the kit. Just make a Reasonable offer. Lowball offers will be refused so don't waste your time :) It still IS a brand new kit.

I am talking with Rick now about a 342. I should have went with my orignal plan. Oh well. I figured i'd update you fella's.

Mike

Since you plan on running the a/c delete like me you'll have the same problem I did. The belt will not work w/o getting at least a cobra water pump pulley which is smaller since with the way the tensioner mounts it makes the belt hit the water pump. To do it right you'd need a larger ps pump pulley as well. You wont know what I mean until you see it for yourself. Good luck with your install. I'm definatly glad I pulled mine!

GroverDill said:
lame.

stroker is nice though.

Definatly not lame for me, joe. Buying a s/c for my car was a horrifically bad mistake on my part. Should have went with my first choice and all these things gone wrong with the blower starting from day 1 when ups attempted to deliver it are all signs that it WAS a mistake. All said and done, the stroker will be way more fun to drive since a lot of my driving is under 3000 anyway where a blower wouldnt really be making any power. I just prefer the n/a route along with an engine bay easy to work on. Too each their own.

interceptorstang, look into a pms or a tweccer rt if you wanna tune yourself.