I put my car in a ditch...need paint ideas

I was going down a hill in my neighborhood and me being from GA and not knowing how to drive in the snow, hit the brakes and the back end came around and I slid into a ditch. My friend that works at a body shop is gonna do all the work on it. I was wanting to paint it dark red or burgundy with some metallic in it. I would appreciate it if yall could post some pics of dark red/burgundy cars (it doesnt matter if its a fox or not) to give me an idea of what I want.

Heres some pics of the damage
Photo-0002.jpg

Photo-0001.jpg

Photo-0003.jpg

cid_997.jpg

Nicks001.jpg

cid_451.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not at all trying to bust your chops, but is it because you've never driven in snow or you're young and never driven in snow? I'm just wondering because the street looks pretty clear. Either way a Fox isn't the best car in the snow no matter how much experience you have or what kind of tires are on it. At least it's all fixable.

I like the color of your car. Just need silver metallic stipes instead of white to go with the ponies.

PS, looks like you got kinda lucky and it didn't do too much damage. No more driving in the snow for you! :ban:

the stripes were silver it just looks white in the pictures:nice:

Im probly not going to put stripes on it again I've never really been a fan of them.

I'm not at all trying to bust your chops, but is it because you've never driven in snow or you're young and never driven in snow? I'm just wondering because the street looks pretty clear. Either way a Fox isn't the best car in the snow no matter how much experience you have or what kind of tires are on it. At least it's all fixable.

I've never driven on snow before. The roads were icey too you just cant see it in the pictures. I wouldnt have tried to drive if i would have known there was ice. I guess being 19 has a factor in it too, I never would have thought I would get in an accident so I wasn't as careful as I should have been.

Posted via Mobile Device it does take some practice. Most important thing to remember is not to try braking and steering at the same time and in a rear wheel drive car be super easy on the gas and expect to fish tail and be ready to counter steer. When you do, take your feet off the gas and don't touch the brakes...just ride it out until it's straight again.

Another decent tip is in rwd/awd in the snow, don't try to engine brake very hard or the back end will usually try to come around. Just do all your braking before you need to turn and try to go with the 'one input at a time' rule if you are novice. Ie: if you are turning, you are not on the brakes or gas, if you are on the gas, you aren't turning, if you are on the brakes you aren't turning.

Sorry about the accident, snow for a first timer can be scary. Saw a girl in a storm here hit the brakes hard for a stop light and almost send the back end around the front. Got to nearly 90 degrees and her car finally stopped. She should have just run the yellow light...

Matador on the site has a beautiful maroon color on his car!!