I put together a Small Site

final5-0

Mustang Master
Apr 6, 2003
DFW Texas
For a while now I've not been happy with some of those free sites I've used to host my files.

I gathered up some pics about my h/c/i upgrade project as well as some misc 94-95 Stang tuning info/screen shots and used that stuff to put together a small three page site.

I've not had any experience at building a site so it is nothing fancy but never the less, I now got a place to keep some of my files and more bandwidth is available to me with this option.

I know some of you guys are pretty good at doing stuff like this so don't be too hard on me with your feedback, but on the other hand, maybe some of this stuff could be of some use to somebody who has a Stang like ours.

Here is the site url

http://www.geocities.com/final_5_0/

Later
Grady

• Sponsors (?)

Coolness. I can only say drop the Geocities for your own domain. I pay $7 per month for 4gigs of storage and my own domain, email, you name it. It's so cheap, why not. Then you can use a content manager with very little know-how. I use e-107 for my site and its easy to use. With a content management program like what I use, you can setup downloads, make galleries, write articles, start a business or a forum etc. It's pretty awsome. If you can make what you already have, you could figure it out no prob.

Now we need all the members to make their own pages so we can lose the HUGE mod lists.

BTW my site is host by http://www.bluehost.com/ they have awsome customer service.

Zero Signal said:
Coolness. I can only say drop the Geocities for your own domain. I pay $7 per month for 4gigs of storage and my own domain, email, you name it. It's so cheap, why not. Then you can use a content manager with very little know-how. I use e-107 for my site and its easy to use. With a content management program like what I use, you can setup downloads, make galleries, write articles, start a business or a forum etc. It's pretty awsome. If you can make what you already have, you could figure it out no prob.

Now we need all the members to make their own pages so we can lose the HUGE mod lists.

BTW my site is host by http://www.bluehost.com/ they have awsome customer service.

John

I did spend a good bit of time looking at your site.

It is very nice and after seeing what you did with it, I felt something like that was and still is, beyond my abilities.

I really don't understand a lot about web sites and my first learning experience about any of the things like file storage or bandwidth issues was a few weeks ago when I tried to let a few peeps on this site hear my car at idle and more peeps hit the host site for the sound clip than they allowed.

The Geocities thing is just a freebie from my provider but still it offers more options than the free host sites I have tried.

The info you gave me is much appreciated and if I continue to mess with this stuff which I do find very cool btw, I just might wanna put your advice to use.

As for the huge mods list, I do agree with your thoughts about the sigs. It is for that very reason, I just put the major mods in my sig.

Thanks for the info and feedback John :D

Later
Grady

Grady, I gotta say man, I am LOVING your site! I was just reading about when you first started the stang after the h/c/i swap, and it's got me excited cus it sounds like you were running as rich as i am right now. Did I tell you I bought a twEECer? The guy shipped it today, 2nd day air, should be coming in wednesday. It looks like wednesday might be a very good day! Nice site, and I'm still on the first page. :) :nice: