I Remember Why I Like A Fox

• Sponsors (?)

I took it to the dealership and they are talking with Ford. I wouldn't tackle the paint myself nor should I on a new car (just my opinion). Around the windows and trunk is a lot of trash. I'm not seeing away around them not taking out the windshield.

My concern is why the heck is it chipping so dam easy. I looked at the Chipdoctor kit (clean, glob, smear and wipe) it has a leveler and seems to good to be true.

Like I said should I be comfortable with them doing a respray if they take that route?
I've painted new cars that have had defects. Dodge seems to have an issue at times with applying enough of the base layer. We can actually see the sealer coat at times.

As for Ford, it really depends on the quality of their technicians in their bodyshop. It will be a fairly simple paint job and the technicians will get paid warranty rates (much higher than normal flag rates). So you won't have a painter with an attitude. You should be good I would think.

As for the chipping? I can't tell you why you are having that particular issue. Start a new thread in the S550 section to see if it's a systemic problem to the newer mustangs.

You can get the front end "wrapped" with a clear plastic film. I believe I will be doing that with my blue car.

The Chipdoctor stuff won't be perfect, but it will look better than the chip.

Spoke too soon. 4 year old car, found this under the trunk lid.

I think the corrosion warranty is 5 years?

Thing is...I don't want my trunk repainted.
IMG_1978.JPG
IMG_1979.JPG

Spoke too soon. 4 year old car, found this under the trunk lid.

I think the corrosion warranty is 5 years?

Thing is...I don't want my trunk repainted.
IMG_1978.JPG
IMG_1979.JPG

That sucks bro. Not sure about corrosion. I had to take my back up to the dealership today for more pictures. The Service Manager seemed a lil surprised with all the questions Ford is asking but meh I have nothing to hide.

Only thing that sucked is I had laparoscopic on my stomach a few days ago and moving around still sucks Going to the dealership.

:( Ford got back and said to do a respray on the areas with trash in it, which is under the hood, around the front and rear windshield and all in the trunk.

I'm so indifferent right now. Yes they are fixing it but its not the same as factory paint and they have to blend. So it will look great hopefully now but how long before you can spot the difference.

:oops::notnice:

Wife says Scat Pack Charger.:bs:

Reactions: 1 user
Give them a chance.

Like I was saying, the techs get paid better for warranty work. They'll pay attention that way.

I understand what you're feeling though. You wanted it right the first time.

Give them a chance.

Like I was saying, the techs get paid better for warranty work. They'll pay attention that way.

I am but like I said I hope for the best.

The dealership just got in a low mile 14" GT500 :thinking:;)

It's properly have a paint defect from factory , cause by assembly worker . Either during install trim or scratch by wearing a belt with metal . Anyway it properly send to a section where it get reapaint by a technican . And him or her not doing a great job on it . We couldn't see it because we don't have enough light like they do in the factory . Every factory have this problem .

Give them a chance.

Gave them a chance, plot twist it has to go back.

They didnt fix the trash/burrs I labeled. The one area they "fixed" the paint is signifcantly dull ( looks like they just wet sanded it and left it.

The one area on the back glass that looks like weld spatter. They just painted over it partially and you can see 10 feet away from the car.

Oh and there's a new scratch to the metal where the work was done near.

They dealership said they will take it back in for repairs. I'm like if they can't do it right the first time getting paid for it. Wonder what the quality I can expect when they have to fix it for the money they already been paid.

Im going for a drink now smh

Gave them a chance, plot twist it has to go back.

They didnt fix the trash/burrs I labeled. The one area they "fixed" the paint is signifcantly dull ( looks like they just wet sanded it and left it.

The one area on the back glass that looks like weld spatter. They just painted over it partially and you can see 10 feet away from the car.

Oh and there's a new scratch to the metal where the work was done near.

They dealership said they will take it back in for repairs. I'm like if they can't do it right the first time getting paid for it. Wonder what the quality I can expect when they have to fix it for the money they already been paid.

Im going for a drink now smh
Sht man, I'm sorry to hear that.

We're not all dirtbags at dealerships.

Yet, they appear to be. Are there other dealerships close by that you could have it checked at? Just show them what those idiots did. Make them understand how disgusted you are about that repair.

EDIT: I was sitting here thinking about your experience. I got to admit, it makes me angry for you.

The reason I mention another dealership is because this is more than a failure on the painter's part, whomever QC's finished vehicles there let it go by too.

Maybe try them one more time if they sound conciliatory and regretful for what they did to you. If they show any attitude at all, I might go to another shop.

I wish I could help you personally.

Last edited:

Yet, they appear to be. Are there other dealerships close by that you could have it checked at? Just show them what those idiots did. Make them understand how disgusted you are about that repair.

My dealership guy was shocked about more than me. He use to be a bodyman and didnt pick up the car and hadn't got to look at himself.

He said he'll take it himself on Monday and show the shop the issues and find out what they did.

Idk how the paint claims work with Ford about other dealerships. They outsourced the work to a local shop, which in New Bern NC they are a few and far between.

I think im more pissed they just basically wet sanded and left the finish matte.

EDIT: I was sitting here thinking about your experience. I got to admit, it makes me angry for you.

The reason I mention another dealership is because this is more than a failure on the painter's part, whomever QC's finished vehicles there let it go by too.

Maybe try them one more time if they sound conciliatory and regretful for what they did to you. If they show any attitude at all, I might go to another shop.

I wish I could help you personally.

Appreciate it Dave, I'm just going to have the chips fall and hopefully they do a better job the second time.

If not then I'll have to look into other options.