I smell BS...

• Sponsors (?)

Bavarian Speed Racer: The 2.3 Liter four cylinder pushes out 190 horses to the wheels with only minor modifications-

LoL so my bumped timing, roller cam/rockers, CAI, gutted upper and knifed edged lower with the a/c delete, and ported head....i must be putting out 190hp with those minor mods....i mean i cant help a 100hp loss through the drive-train...that t5 is such a leech! :owned:

edit: 190hp eh, minor mod = 87-88 intercooled turbo coupe motor swap...if u want to call that minor~

Hey gang lets hope in the mystery machine and figure this one out, lets just hope its not old man McAlister in a mask again.

A/ Bavarian Speed Racer. Ok the 2.3L Ford is originally a german designed engine, but I doubt that's what he was getting at
B/ DTM flywheel and exhaust. DTM is Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters, and a pretty cool race league. North American needs a DTM or English Touring League styled event over here.
C/ BMW 323. BMW 323 = BMW 3 Series, 2.3L engine, like how a BMW 318 = BMW 3 Series 1.8L. or BMW 325 = BMW 3 Series 2.5L engine. Anal way to name a car, but clear, and better then precedia or integra or aztek or sable (aztec is spelled with a c for christs sake, not a K, sable, you could have changed the l to an r and had a badas$ name like sabre.).
E/ I knew a guy with a '87 BMW 323 that was factory rated for crank 170 hp way back when, so newer ones having 190hp doesn't seem unreasonable. The Shatzes (ramones reference) aren't famous for overrating hp like Japanese manufacturers or underrating hp like Americans so I believe it.
F/ He never said it was a Ford, SAAB and Volvo have 2.3L's too, SAABS and Volvo have turbo 4 2.3L is rated at around 240hp.

I believe him about 190 at the wheels, though its probably a later BMW 323 that's punched out to 2.5L.

Sorry about the scoob, I was watching jay and silent bob today.

Later

Actually the description says its for the 94 to 98 v6s. Made he confused himself between the 6 and the 4, but Im not sure if the 6 cylinder made even 190 hp?

mr_woodster said:
so they added 3hp since 99? :rlaugh: i just read fords 2003 v6 and it says 193 , yet every other auto mag rates the v6 at 190...i guess that extra 3 horsepower comes from the spitport intake ...gotta love inovation :rolleyes:
yeah you are just so sure of yourself i had to burst your bubble....and that number comes from ford.

toadstang said:
Here is what the Pro says:
Bavarian Speed Racer: The 2.3 Liter four cylinder pushes out 190 horses to the wheels with only minor modifications-upgraded air flow meter, Nology Hotwires, a DTM lightened flywheel and DTM exhaust system. Factory horsepower is rated at 192 horses at the flywheel.

http://nextcollection.com/html/ORD-Auto~Performance-Nology~HotWires-no-15551-none.cfm

:bs: or not :bs:
Plug wires: -3hp
fly wheel: no hp change, but it gets a lot harder to launch the car and your 60' will likely decrease from lack rotational intertial propelling you forward.
Exhaust: 25hp
any questions?

thewrongguy said:
A/ Bavarian Speed Racer. Ok the 2.3L Ford is originally a german designed engine, but I doubt that's what he was getting at

Nope. Originally released in the Brazilian market. The 2.3 (upsized 2.0) was originally used in late 70's Pintos.

toadstang said:
Here is what the Pro says:
Bavarian Speed Racer: The 2.3 Liter four cylinder pushes out 190 horses to the wheels with only minor modifications-upgraded air flow meter, Nology Hotwires, a DTM lightened flywheel and DTM exhaust system. Factory horsepower is rated at 192 horses at the flywheel.

http://nextcollection.com/html/ORD-Auto~Performance-Nology~HotWires-no-15551-none.cfm

:bs: or not :bs:

I'm not sure on after market systems for a 2.3 n/a or turbo ( the 2.3's we usually talk about anyways). This is what I had heard from a racer on his n/a 93' 2.3.

Marcello Canitano with SilverHorse racing has told me he uses stock elictronics on his 93' 2.3 Mustang he road races with. He had said " they all are good" refering to the stock elictronics. Which this car debuted this year and finishes 9-10 races and with 7 top 10 finishes.

As for this pro I think he either got a little lost or is trying to mislead people.

What 2.3 is he talking about, American or forign?

Is it a n/a or a turbo 2.3 ?
( I know the 88' TC w/T-5 would do 190 hp , but not sure at the wheel )

Or is he talking about the newer duratec's?

toadstang said:
IM SO CONFUSED!!! :( jk

P.S. Just waking up sucks...

I think Im addicted, when I dont even have coffee in the morning or a cigarette or anything, I wake up, and I look on SN first thing :flag:

I know I'm addicted to this stuff . I'm so bad I joined this so when turboford.org is slow I have this one to check out. Now I'm looking into another ford forum, but the really funny part is I have always been a chevy fan :lol: