I suck at driving the 197 :(

dro

May 25, 2003
Birmingham, AL
Went to the track this past friday night could only get 3 runs in because some tards started a fight but heres how it went. Keep in mind these are my first 3 passes with this car, so keep the hate to a minimum....

First run i slipped the clutch at 1500 and bogged, cut an embarassing run that i will not mention on the internet.

Second run i did a more of a fast slip at 2k and cut a 2.2 60' time with a 14.7 et

Third run i did a slip at 2500 and cut a 2.4 60' time with a 14.7 et.

On the third run i banged the gears more so thats where it made up on the final ET i think. The 3rd run my MPH was fastest at like 98 mph?

How do you demons who get these cars into the 13's stock launch? FYI it has the stock BFG's and i wasnt water boxing, i just did a simple tire cleaning off before the tree.

This car feels nothing like my cobra. i dont know if it is the car or just the lack of the torque of the motor but it seems to hook better going down the track, i just can't get the launching right.

• Sponsors (?)

Went to the track this past friday night could only get 3 runs in because some tards started a fight but heres how it went. Keep in mind these are my first 3 passes with this car, so keep the hate to a minimum....

First run i slipped the clutch at 1500 and bogged, cut an embarassing run that i will not mention on the internet.

Second run i did a more of a fast slip at 2k and cut a 2.2 60' time with a 14.7 et

Third run i did a slip at 2500 and cut a 2.4 60' time with a 14.7 et.

On the third run i banged the gears more so thats where it made up on the final ET i think. The 3rd run my MPH was fastest at like 98 mph?

How do you demons who get these cars into the 13's stock launch? FYI it has the stock BFG's and i wasnt water boxing, i just did a simple tire cleaning off before the tree.

This car feels nothing like my cobra. i dont know if it is the car or just the lack of the torque of the motor but it seems to hook better going down the track, i just can't get the launching right.

What were you tires at pressure wise? Ever try dumping the clutch?

When mine was stock w/ stock tires I ran them at like 21 PSI which some say is still a little high even.

Do you have 3.31's or 3.55's (Rear Gear) ?

Only other thing I can say is, try dumping the clutch at about 3k. If you light them up then try it at like 2800 rpms. But dump it, don't slip it.

I'm no drag racer but I can tell you that slipping will slow you down considerably. Try stepping off the clutch or even dumping it at different RPM's then you'll see your times fall.

I have one trip to the track in my bullitt and have no experiance with 4.6's but Dumping a clutch with street tires,no matter the pressure, will net you wheel hopping or tire smoking.I'm used to more torque in the past and would get good 60's by using a a target rpm and modulate the clutch and throttle to get a controlled clutch slip.I tried this last week but got the rpm too low or let out the clutch to fast and had a 2.28 worse to a 2.23 best,pathetic I know but everything has a learning curve.The car would get out then hook,then bog.I did net almost 102 MPH so thats working for me.