I talked to a muffler company..

TheStang

Jan 29, 2004
Ok so I talked to this company, and I told em i want to go with true dual exhaust with the 2 mufflers.. I was think tog o wityh flowmasters..

When I asked the guy, he said I should go with the bullet mufflers..
He said they arent as loud, because flowmaster is loudest, but he ddi however say that Id get more horsepower out of the bullet mufflers..

Now my question is how good are the bullet, and will I be getting more hp by going with them?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

honestly your not going to gain a ton of HP even from a muffler..id say yes flowmasters are more restrictive.i noticed this when i went from flows to superturbos.

but if u want loud or more noise yes the flowmasters are for u.i just switched back to flowmasters because my superturbos just didnt cut it for me

Does his company sell bullet?? Which I have never heard of myself. also is it a straight thru design such as magnaflow, or borla??

If you want loud go with flow 40 series, if you want a good idle and loud when you let it rip go with something like magnaflow or borla, alot of people go with the GT takeoffs as well and have said those are good.

Get what you want don't let some company push there product on you.

If you want loud then I can vouch for the GT takeoff because I have them. I'll say that at idle they have a faint rumble. Anything above there not much louder over stock. A noticeable difference, but nothing to make people notice your car for it's exhaust tone. If a loud deep sounding exhaust is what your looking for then GT takeoffs won't do it. They are more for those looking for the performance gains of having dual exhaust with out having people notice your loud car.

I got mine off eBay from [email protected] for $130 shipped. Like zoopa said, you can't really hear it outside of the car with takeoffs. I may get a high-flow or off-road h-pipe and keep my gt mufflers since I do like the tone they provide, but they're just not loud enough.

I have Bullet mufflers on my car and I think they sound better than flowmasters. I think they are made by Dynomax and they are all stainless steel so you don't have to worry about rust. They sound very good at idle and at higher RPMs. They are not really loud, they are similar to stock GT, maybe a little louder. Flowmasters are louder with a worse sound in my opinion and are not stainless steel so they can rust.

I'm pretty sure the bullet will be quite a bit louder than stock...here is a pic i took of mine the other day

straightthrough.jpg

TheStang said:
Were did u guys get ur gt takeoffs?

thanks..

Got my GT takeoffs on Ebay as well. If you can take your time and only bid on new takeoffs, and don't bid any higher then 100 you will eventualy get your self a good deal. I spent two months bidding on auctions with new takeoffs and finaly got lucky and won mine for 80, a killer deal. If you can be patient then I think you can find a good deal out there. If your not so patient a few web sites around the net sell takeoffs for around 130 plus the shipping. Check out these guys for a few kits http://www.sacramento-mustang.com/index.html

I've ordered from this site before. Didn't have any issues so you can try them too. http://v6mustangstuff.com/Exhaust.html

Shop around and take your time. There's a lot to choose from and don't forget if you have a good muffler shop in town you can always get the mufflers you like and have them fab you the pipes just as easily as you can buy a kit. Cost would be about the same.

I also STRONGLY recomend you go to this site....you can listen to sound clips of different exhaust setups on different cars. This will definately help you decide the exhaust tone your looking for. http://www.exhaustsoundclips.com/

or mustangexhaust.com to listen to different setups. but watch out, don't ask what you can do to sound like a v8 or they will go crazy and turn into asses. i know i can make any 6 cylinder sound like an 8 at any rpm. if i can do it to a 2.8 bronco and a 59 rambler american with a 196 flathead 6 and a 71 f100 with a 300 6 then i can do it to these 3.8's.i've heard them before sound like 8's and i hate it when people say you can't but it is very possible and easy.