I test Drove the SC'd Bullitt Today and OMG

exindust

May 8, 2004
Moorpark, CA
for those of you who have been following my threads, im possibly going to buy a 2001 SC'd 400HP Bullitt for $17900 with 27k miles

well i show up at the guys house and i see a 2001 bullitt, a 2004 Mach 1, and a fully restored 85 stang. (and a kia rio ) so i think to myself wow this guy is a real car enthusiast. so i meet him outside i look the car over and its nearly in perfect condition, very few minor scratches you wouldnt even notice unless you were looking for bad spots. he popped the hood and it was quite clean inside the engine bay as well. he turned the car on and WOW nice supercharger great sound. i had him idle it a while to listen for any minute sounds and nothing happened so i had him rev it and it sounded awesome, no funky noises. We went for a test drive, had boatloads of power, he made a U turn and floored it out of first shifted second and peeled all the way thru second we slowed down and he said "so you see it does have quite a bit of power." i was like d00d you peeled completely thru second, W0Wzers. we turned the stereo up for a minute... sound system was awesome. turned it back down... took that guys advice to keep the stereo off. The only thing wrong with it was it needs new tires and he said he knows some boys that could hook me up with nittos or whatever. All in all an awesome morning, and insane car for an awesome price. I think im going to go hand him 10k and my v6 to borrow his car to take it to a mechanic and have it checked out. If it turnes out good, im going to offer 17500 and ill give him 400 bucks to get me some new tires.

can someone get me a carfax please? send to [email protected]

VIN: 1FAFP42X21F202222

whata ya think?

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds great - keep us posted. You might want to do a separate thread for the car fax request. (But from experience, these reports are useless unless the car was in a flood or totalled. It won't necessary tell you if it's been in an accident - case in point, my wife's 01 GT had a perfectly clear car fax, but it it soon became clear that something happened to the front end - an alignment shop confirmed our suspisions - it HAD been in some sort of front end wreck - we've spent alot of money getting back to the state it's in now, but it will probably never be the same)
Don't let this discourage you though...just words to the wise.
Best of Luck!!!

In my opinion you can't go wrong with a bullitt. Every place I go I get tons of stares......if they don't stop me and say......."dude whats a bullitt" or "did that car come that way?"

Bullitt.....no brainer. Bullitt with a supercharger.......easy choice. Bullitt with a supercharger, and below retail price................I think I see the light!
:D

twogts4us said:
Sounds great - keep us posted. You might want to do a separate thread for the car fax request. (But from experience, these reports are useless unless the car was in a flood or totalled. It won't necessary tell you if it's been in an accident - case in point, my wife's 01 GT had a perfectly clear car fax, but it it soon became clear that something happened to the front end - an alignment shop confirmed our suspisions - it HAD been in some sort of front end wreck - we've spent alot of money getting back to the state it's in now, but it will probably never be the same)
Don't let this discourage you though...just words to the wise.
Best of Luck!!!

yeah if the previous owner had it fixed on the side it wouldn't haven't shown up in the system anywhere.

exindust said:
for those of you who have been following my threads, im possibly going to buy a 2001 SC'd 400HP Bullitt for $17900 with 27k miles

well i show up at the guys house and i see a 2001 bullitt, a 2004 Mach 1, and a fully restored 85 stang. (and a kia rio ) so i think to myself wow this guy is a real car enthusiast. so i meet him outside i look the car over and its nearly in perfect condition, very few minor scratches you wouldnt even notice unless you were looking for bad spots. he popped the hood and it was quite clean inside the engine bay as well. he turned the car on and WOW nice supercharger great sound. i had him idle it a while to listen for any minute sounds and nothing happened so i had him rev it and it sounded awesome, no funky noises. We went for a test drive, had boatloads of power, he made a U turn and floored it out of first shifted second and peeled all the way thru second we slowed down and he said "so you see it does have quite a bit of power." i was like d00d you peeled completely thru second, W0Wzers. we turned the stereo up for a minute... sound system was awesome. turned it back down... took that guys advice to keep the stereo off. The only thing wrong with it was it needs new tires and he said he knows some boys that could hook me up with nittos or whatever. All in all an awesome morning, and insane car for an awesome price. I think im going to go hand him 10k and my v6 to borrow his car to take it to a mechanic and have it checked out. If it turnes out good, im going to offer 17500 and ill give him 400 bucks to get me some new tires.

can someone get me a carfax please? send to [email protected]

VIN: 1FAFP42X21F202222

whata ya think?

I would do a few things:

-Find out what number bullitt his car is and then search the bullitt forums and see if you find any posts by him and see what he has said regarding his car

-If possible take the car to a dyno that can check the numbers with a/f, the owner can come as all you want to do is confirm the power and make sure the car is making the right power and the a/f is not lean.

-do a car fax

Also do you have a list of his modifications?