i think. i did the right thing yesterday,

johnnyt03gt

5 Year Member
Mar 15, 2008
dallas TX
i had the "new car bug" yesterday.
i went to dallas dodge. picked out a NEW all black dodge challenger R/T. sticker price 30k
was offered 6k for my 03GT. 95000.00 miles check engine light and abs light was on,
so i was happy with that. i said i'll take it!!! after a credit check. i was approved BUT he said the APR im getting is going to be 18%, im like WTF i have a 680 credit score he also
informs me that the car i picked was going to cost an extra one thousand dallas over invoice price, because it had tinted windows and 20 inch wheels. again WTF so i let him talk,
i asked what's with the high APR%, he said because im in the risk categorie because my
previous payments ware onyl $342 a month. so anyway he said im looking at the following,

30k car + 1k for tinted windows=BS 18%, APR $850 pre month for 60 months =51k
i told him thanks but no thanks i got my keys went home. im not going to pay 19k on interest alone, so F**K THAT S**T this is why and how dodge-ford-gm went bankrupt
and all the banks too, anyway sorry for all my bitching just had to vent
crapola

• Sponsors (?)

credit companies are a bunch of dipchits. 680 is not a bad credit score and thats why I have. Luckily for you, you at least got approved. I tried trading in my 03 gt about 6 months back for a used 08 Maxima for 20K. They wouldnt approve me without putting 5k down, with my car, which owed 2k on and a 400 dollar payment for 60 months. I dunno where they get these crazy numbers from. But going back to what you said, this is why everything is screwed up. Who the hell wants to make payments for 5 years....and now im seeing 72 month financing. HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!

i had the "new car bug" yesterday.
i went to dallas dodge. picked out a NEW all black dodge challenger R/T. sticker price 30k
was offered 6k for my 03GT. 95000.00 miles check engine light and abs light was on,
so i was happy with that. i said i'll take it!!! after a credit check. i was approved BUT he said the APR im getting is going to be 18%, im like WTF i have a 680 credit score he also
informs me that the car i picked was going to cost an extra one thousand dallas over invoice price, because it had tinted windows and 20 inch wheels. again WTF so i let him talk,
i asked what's with the high APR%, he said because im in the risk categorie because my
previous payments ware onyl $342 a month. so anyway he said im looking at the following,

30k car + 1k for tinted windows=BS 18%, APR $850 pre month for 60 months =51k
i told him thanks but no thanks i got my keys went home. im not going to pay 19k on interest alone, so F**K THAT S**T this is why and how dodge-ford-gm went bankrupt
and all the banks too, anyway sorry for all my bitching just had to vent
crapola

Ford did not go bankrupt.. and 680 credit score gets a much better rate than 18 percent.. if your score was 580 maybe 18 percent but not for a 680 score

Crappy dealer..but then its dodge they have always screwed people Ive known.

My credit score isnt that good,divorce years back helped that and I dont get 18%,its lower but cant remember I would need to look.

As for the risk,my insurance company works like that,they base your risk assessment of your credit rating,low score high risk...wtf..