I think I wanna buy a dirtbike........Anyone make payments?

Aliate X

May 9, 2005
Rockland NY
Anyone have any experiance on making payments on dirtbikes or motorcycles? I was looking into buying a CRF 250 and I was just curious what the average payment is? I know they advertise all that 79 per mo. bs, but whats the real deal stangnet?

• Sponsors (?)

You'll be better off getting a loan from your personal bank. If you do finance through the dealer, pay more than your minimal payment. You will only have to pay $79 or $49 or whatever they advertise but its not actually a loan. Once they approve you the loan is actually a credit card you can use at that dealership and thats how the payments are so cheap. A friend of mine recently financed his 06' Banshee through Yamaha and pays $75 per month. His total came out at around $7800 and they put it on a Yamaha credit card with a $10,000 limit. So in the long run, you'll pay for that bike for a LONG TIME. Just make double payments if you get dealer financed. Hope that helps.
Brandon

87_stang said:
You'll be better off getting a loan from your personal bank. If you do finance through the dealer, pay more than your minimal payment. You will only have to pay $79 or $49 or whatever they advertise but its not actually a loan. Once they approve you the loan is actually a credit card you can use at that dealership and thats how the payments are so cheap. A friend of mine recently financed his 06' Banshee through Yamaha and pays $75 per month. His total came out at around $7800 and they put it on a Yamaha credit card with a $10,000 limit. So in the long run, you'll pay for that bike for a LONG TIME. Just make double payments if you get dealer financed. Hope that helps.
Brandon

Thanks a lot for the info, do you keep the credit card afterwards? And also, how hard is it to get approved for these types of loans through the dealerships? I am only 20 years old, but have paid my insurance on time, am on my own policy, and I have had a credit card for about 6 months and have been making all my payments.

If you have good credit through a credit card you should be fine being all the loan is is a credit card. When Josh got his Banshee the c.c. had a $10,000 and he can use it as much as he wants as long as he stays under the $10,000 limit. So you should be able to get the bike almost paid off an put another on the card as long as it stays under your limit. Anyways, what kind of bike are you leaning towards? dirt/street/dual purpose/quad? I'm big into bikes of all styles so I'm curious. Hope that helps you out.
Brandon

87_stang said:
If you have good credit through a credit card you should be fine being all the loan is is a credit card. When Josh got his Banshee the c.c. had a $10,000 and he can use it as much as he wants as long as he stays under the $10,000 limit. So you should be able to get the bike almost paid off an put another on the card as long as it stays under your limit. Anyways, what kind of bike are you leaning towards? dirt/street/dual purpose/quad? I'm big into bikes of all styles so I'm curious. Hope that helps you out.
Brandon

A CRF 250, well getting a credit card with a 10k limit might be hard for me, my current one is about to be increased to only 500 lol....Im gonna go to a dealer and see whats up this weekend.