Progress Thread I Think Im Being Hosed On My Window Repair Need Advice

Am I being juked on this? Can just breaking the glass break the regulator too?

• YES - your being juked!! Being Broken as described wouldn't impact functionality of regulator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO - it is common issue after a window has been broken that it has damaged the regulator

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ratmann1

Nov 28, 2017
I have a 96 GT Coupe. the passenger side door window had good size chuck of cement put through it when my car was broken into. So I paid Safe-light to come out and fix it as I did not have the time. The repair guy tells my wife that we cant use the window as the the regulator is broken. Now the window worked fine before now all the sudden the regulator is broke. and the window cant be used. how likely is this? I have repaired windows myself in the past and have Never experienced this situation. Opinions please???

• Sponsors (?)

Opinions are for paint or wheels. Take the time to check it out yourself or get a second opinion or believe the guy. That sucks, expensive to be sure.
Good luck with it.

Take the door panel off and check it out for your self, if he said don't use it, leave it up, while your waiting for the time to dig into it call the dealer and ask about it.
Someone has to pull the door panel off to see whats wrong anyway, I think there is a possibility of regulator damage when assaulted (assailed?) by a brick.