I think my fuel pump is going bad.

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
When i am at low RPMs and I give it a little gas to go, it "misses". Thats the only way I can describe it. A while back I was going WOT and the car felt like it wanted to stop, it stopped accelerating and the RPM's stayed at 4000. It has only done that once, but it does the other thing all the time. like when I take a turn and come out of it in second, it will do it.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have a FP gauge? Any codes (including lean codes)? That's where I would start. It can be hard to diagnose something like that since engine management glitches or bad sensory input can cause issues.

Good luck.

Dont have a fule pressure gauge, dosent really take long to start either, but it dies for no reason sometimes, but it dosent do it often. But it did do it like 3 times today. But once it gets going it dosent do it anymore. And Ill ull some codes tomm and see what i get.

The actron fuel pressure gauge at the parts store doesn't cost much and comes in handy if you got the money. What part of Louisiana are you from. I lived in Slidell for 10 years and I'm going back there next week for some military business

When was the last time you changed your spark plugs?? Mine did the same thing when I first bought my car. Pulled the plugs and the gap was enormous, did the tune up and fixed the problem. Just pull a few if it's been awhile and check the gap and make sure none of them are cracked either, should only take a few minutes.

95Cobra302 said:
When was the last time you changed your spark plugs?? Mine did the same thing when I first bought my car. Pulled the plugs and the gap was enormous, did the tune up and fixed the problem. Just pull a few if it's been awhile and check the gap and make sure none of them are cracked either, should only take a few minutes.
Im from opelousas, its like 20 miles north of laffayette. And all the plugs were changed prolly about 5-6 months ago.