i wanna hear some aftermarket cam sound clips!!!

im getting my H/C/I combo toghether and i just wanted to see if any of you guys with aftermarket cams had any sound clips...please post what cam is it as well.....im going with a gt40p/?/ edel 5.0 combo.....still not sure what cam ....anybody know what cam would be perfect for my setup??

• Sponsors (?)

i have been reading up on the cams for the gt40-p combos, from what i have read up on the gt40p's and have come up the fact that a split duration cam favoring the exhaust side makes the most HP. This is from looking at combos all over the web that had all the same Heads and intake but with diff cams.

just a thought

you also don't want to buy a cam just based on how it sounds

jason

My B-303 lope...it's going away soon! I hate this cam....not meant for our cars at all (it was there when I bought this car though).

Must "right click and save" on link...

http://personal.bellsouth.net/h/i/hitechhw/Sounds/SuperSync-b303-bassani_catted_x-stock_catback.mpa

Note this was before the Magnaflow exhaust...it was stock catback at the time.

PS...there is no "perfect" off-the-shelf cam for your application, I would venture to say most would agree with me on this one. Your best bet is to go FTI custom-grind or ask around. Only dyno testing would tell you what works best (well, that and driveability testing)...

SS

Does anyone have any sound clips of an X303 cam? or even an F303 cam. I hear there would be piston to valve clearance problems when using the X303 cam I'm not sure what cam I want to get I want a nice loud lumpy idel :) that's my whole theme loud. already have the neighbors come down and complain about me LOL and it wasn't even me doing anything cuz I was not there the day they said I was oh well :).

TSWG00 said:
Does anyone have any sound clips of an X303 cam? or even an F303 cam. I hear there would be piston to valve clearance problems when using the X303 cam I'm not sure what cam I want to get I want a nice loud lumpy idel :) that's my whole theme loud. already have the neighbors come down and complain about me LOL and it wasn't even me doing anything cuz I was not there the day they said I was oh well :).

LOL... I can so relate. :D

The Z303 Cam looks pretty cool. 290° dur/0.552" lift humm..... what to get what to get LOL. I'm thinking once my engine gets to 100K I'll get a 347 and put the heads/cam/ect I want on it make it really cool sounding :) only problem is $$$$ LOL