I Want A New Driver

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
I want a sn95 for a driver and I think it will likely be a 03 or 04, v8 car probably an auto so 'the girl at the other end of the couch' can drive it, she don't like the fox because it's ugly and 'go's sideways too much'
Engine and trans problems are of no big concern, I know what to look for there but what surprises do I look for body wise, convertible is also a consideration

• Sponsors (?)

The same issues a fox has a poorly taken care of Sn can have as well. Check for rust in all the normal places (strut tower, torque boxes etc). These cars got cheap about 5 years ago and are starting to resemble foxes from 10 years ago. There are still quite a few good ones out there so take your time. The auto should make for a less likely abused one (sans mine haha) then the manual cars cause they just aren't as "cool". The 03/04 interiors held up better with nicer materials and seats etc (well 02+). There are tons of parts cars out there to support any bad pieces etc inside and out.

Look for an Auto Mach 1 if you can swing it and find a clean one. Real fun cars and that 4v growl is amazing.

Vert wise they are just like foxes, clunky, unbalanced and prone to leaking lol.

Reactions: 1 user
The same issues a fox has a poorly taken care of Sn can have as well. Check for rust in all the normal places (strut tower, torque boxes etc). These cars got cheap about 5 years ago and are starting to resemble foxes from 10 years ago. There are still quite a few good ones out there so take your time. The auto should make for a less likely abused one (sans mine haha) then the manual cars cause they just aren't as "cool". The 03/04 interiors held up better with nicer materials and seats etc (well 02+). There are tons of parts cars out there to support any bad pieces etc inside and out.

Look for an Auto Mach 1 if you can swing it and find a clean one. Real fun cars and that 4v growl is amazing.

Vert wise they are just like foxes, clunky, unbalanced and prone to leaking lol.

Good stuff! Ragtops are not the best performance choice, however the SN 95's are a quantum leap over the Fox's. I have owned several of both years. The Fox's were actually made by cutting off the roof of the notchback! The SN95 was designed as a convertible from the get go so the structure is much more rigid(for a ragtop). The noise level in the Fox with the top and windows up was still more than the SN95 with the top down and windows up. The header weather seal just clamped on top of the wiindshield on the Fox and was recessed in on the SN95. Good luck on your search, oh and if the Mustang is a V8 it will still do this:'go's sideways too much'(you can always ditch the posi for a one legger and get away from that).

Thanks, no one leggers for me, and mods will be minimal (ya, right), I knew the verts are less noisy than in the past, I'm shooting for a mach1 but it's not a priority, I'll consider a Bullitt or even a cobra but not nessary.